Bought 224 bursh at CCO - something strange. Did they sell me something strange?

styrch

Ok, so I got out my brushes to wash them tonight and I noticed on the 224 brush that I just purchased that the lettering and numbering were larger. Numbering was in a diferent font and located further down thandle. The handle itself said "France" on it, rather than "Japan" which all my other MAC brushes say.

So I'm not sure if it's a fake brush. I mean, I got it from the Jeffersonville, OH CCO and they are supposed to be selling real stuff, right? Please advise...

panda0410

mac brushes are made in france as well so dont stress
smiles.gif
I dont know about the font etc though - I dont own a 224 to compare, sorry!

styrch

Hmmm I looked on MUA and found a brush pic that looked exactly like what I purchased so I can reference this now (not my image):

http://www.makeupalley.com/account/p...23/c=/u=/k=224

All my other brushes look more like this (Not my pic):
654566.jpeg

Notice font locton and style changes.

I think you might see why I'm confused. Never expected to be confused over a CCO purchase. *Neither one of these are my images*

styrch

Quote:
if you bought it at a CCO, it shouldn't be fake.

I realize that. Just questioning anyway because the font/size/location are all so different from every other MAC brush I have that I wanted to be sure.

panda0410

It could just be a slightly older 224 - maybe they have vamped up the 224 brush a bit, might explain why it (yours) was at the CCO to begin with?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
It could just be a slightly older 224 - maybe they have vamped up the 224 brush a bit, might explain why it (yours) was at the CCO to begin with?

I agree. It is possible you got an older version of the brush.

jannax212

I have the same brush too that I bought at a CCO. It says france towards the bottom too. I dont think its fake. I just think its an older version. But I love it, its so soft!

ms_bloom

The older brushes ALL used to use a bigger and different font and some of them were made in different countries (read this here on Specktra I believe). I have an old 366 (my first MAC brush) with the same larger font "366."