Bourjois Eyeshadows

Bianca

Well, I like the e/s trio's (especially Violet Imperial) but the single e/s I don't like. The l/g is good too. Hope this helps.

user79

The eyeshadows are terrible quality, have hardly any pigmentation and are chalky. The blushes are of the same quality, unfortunately. The pigments they have aren't good either and the packaging is annoying because you can't unscrew the top, you have to use the brush that comes with it to dip down into the product, and tbh, the brush is terrible quality as well. I'd rather use my own brushes!! Very annoying. Can't say I recommend any of their products really.

YvetteJeannine

I can't attest to the quality of any of their 'compact' eyeshadows..'cause I've never tried them....However, I do own two of their powdered eyeshadows, and I ADORE them! I've always thought the pigmentation in those particular products is very good...The color range is GORGEOUS, and they look spectacular when they're coordinated together with two or three colors. Every single time I wear them, I get compliments galore. I have the plummy purple color, and one of the pinks (sorry..cannot remember the name offhand).

The only thing I dislike about them is the fact that they come with their own brush that you MUST use. (the brush is built 'into' the lid...and it dips into it's own tiny slot)....The slot the brush fits in is not big enough to stick your own brushes into (and, admittedly, the brush is small and not so great); so I have to keep dipping in a few times to pick up the quanitity I want....(but that's not the end of the world!). IMO, that's the only drawback to them...but it was designed to be spillproof...so I guess you have to give the product designers *some* credit
winks.gif
I will have to say that the packaging 'flaw' can redeem itself when a gal wants to travel...as they're almost guaranteed not to spill
smiles.gif

maxcat

Shadows... meh. Nice in the pan, no color payoff. I lovelovelove the 3D glosses and the mascaras are pretty good. Lipsticks are good taste a bit perfumy but they're quite "dry" and they've got some really unusual colors.

bellaetoile

i had several of the eyeshadows once upon a time, and HATED them. the colors looked so gorgeous in the pots, but the consistency was awful. there was no color payoff whatsoever, the few sparkles you did manage to pick up on your brush flaked everywhere, and they looked horrible and uneven on actual skin. i was overall unimpressed with bourjois in its entirety.

hypodermic

Their loose shadows are very nice. I have 4 or so and they work nicely. I just dust the brush that gets the shadow out of the jar in the cap and use another brush to apply. Totally worth it though. They have a couple nice duochromes, there's a blue that flashes purple that is so pretty.

flowerhead

I love bourjois. The eyshadows are all lovely colours, especially gris paillette, (gunmetal shade with lots of silver glitter) blue myosotis (metallic baby blue) and violet divin (plummy colour with violet pearl). They are designed to be used dry for a sheer colour or wet for a deeper/brighter colour with more payoff.
The lipglosses are lovely....they smell like candy/roses and give a glassy wet look...I love framboise energetic, rose synthetic and rose angelic.
The blushes were the first powder blushes to ever be made...they smell like roses and go on sheer....lovely colours. The mascaras are also very good.

eowyn797

reeeeeeally dont' like the shadows in any form. LOVE the 3d Glosses. i even bought one of those stupid keychain ones because it was THE perfect shade. i love the texture, the colors and the shine. highly recommended
smiles.gif

malvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The eyeshadows are terrible quality, have hardly any pigmentation and are chalky. The blushes are of the same quality, unfortunately. The pigments they have aren't good either and the packaging is annoying because you can't unscrew the top, you have to use the brush that comes with it to dip down into the product, and tbh, the brush is terrible quality as well. I'd rather use my own brushes!! Very annoying. Can't say I recommend any of their products really.

actually you can take the bottom off with a screwdriver (a small one) or a knife... and then put the loose e/s in any jar and use your own brushes... the quality is not bad.
the eyeshadows are not bad, not very pigmented but i have one in beige delicat (i think it's #57) and it makes a very good base.

miss_amy

I shook up one the loose powders to get more on the brush.. and err.. the bottom came off. You might want to watch for that! I e-mail them throught the website and was told to send it back.. I did so and they gave me a new one so can't complain - good customer service if anything !

I do like the loose ones, especially the pink-gold. Very pretty. But not a fan of the shadows, look very wishy washy.