Boxing Day Haul!

girlstar

I just got back from Boxing Day shopping - whooo gotta love it
lol.gif
I ended up getting a lot less from Danse then I expected.. the e/s were just boring neutrals to me.. not even nice pastels, which was what I had expected
ssad.gif
I did, however, get the new concealer palette, and my counter had the new skincare setup which looks pretty sweet.

Glissade MSF
Jete e/s
Studio Finish Concealer palette in Light
Fix+

dec26-1.jpg

dec26-2.jpg

dec26-3.jpg

The funniest part of the excursion was not only the fact that I was with my Aunt who I run a dance studio with, but we bumped into one of the other teachers who is my age and I pointed out to her that the collection was named Danse, and pointed to Glissade. And then all three of us mimed doing a glissade. Uh huh. What nerds, eh.
smiles.gif

juli

Ugh I am so jealous of ur haul. Apparently I can't get any of the Danse collection at the moment! Not on the website yetttt
weeping.gif

How is Fix+ used? what for?

BTW awesome yet simple haul! <3it! :thumbsup:

Kiwi Girlie

Very nice haul, I can't wait till Danse comes out here
ssad.gif

Glissades So purdyy and that new concealer palette looks awesome.

Im hoping im like you and get less from Danse then I was expecting because the other collections coming up look really nice too
smiles.gif

amoona

wow ur fix+ looks soo much different then mine ... is this new packaging or something?! cuz i'm kinda jealous haha

Jess-ee-ka

Glissade sold out in Calgary by 8:00 this morning...I'm so upset. I bought Lightscapade, Jete, Swan Lake, Rondelle and 2 of the lipglasses....but I really wanted Glissade. You bet your ass I'm ordering it as soon as it comes onto the website! I need it!!!

Pure Vanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
wow ur fix+ looks soo much different then mine ... is this new packaging or something?! cuz i'm kinda jealous haha

I was just thinking that.
Lovely haul my dear.

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Super haul!
pompom.gif
I like the look of the new Fix + bottle. It's still a spray right?

Yup, it just got cut out of the picture.. oops! It's a lockable spray too, which is amazing!

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
What exactly is a Glissade in ballet terms? You said you mimed doing a glissade? Lol...sorry im curious!

What MissMarley said.. but I googled it to give you a better idea..

After a demi-plié in the fifth position the working foot glides along the floor to a strong point a few inches from the floor. The other foot then pushes away from the floor so that both knees are straight and both feet strongly pointed for a moment; then the weight is shifted to the working foot with a fondu. The other foot, which is pointed a few inches from the floor,slides into the fifth position in demi-plié.

Plié means to bend.. in this case is means bending the knees when you're in a standing position. And fifth position is when the heel of the right foot is butted up against the toe of the left foot and, when you have really amazing turnout, the right toe will be right in front of the left heel.. I can't do it
smiles.gif

Yeah, it's much harder to explain than to demonstrate
smiles.gif

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
What MissMarley said.. but I googled it to give you a better idea..

After a demi-plié in the fifth position the working foot glides along the floor to a strong point a few inches from the floor. The other foot then pushes away from the floor so that both knees are straight and both feet strongly pointed for a moment; then the weight is shifted to the working foot with a fondu. The other foot, which is pointed a few inches from the floor,slides into the fifth position in demi-plié.

Plié means to bend.. in this case is means bending the knees when you're in a standing position. And fifth position is when the heel of the right foot is butted up against the toe of the left foot and, when you have really amazing turnout, the right toe will be right in front of the left heel.. I can't do it
smiles.gif

Yeah, it's much harder to explain than to demonstrate
smiles.gif

LOL- I can't imagine explaining in written words how to do a glissade- it's just a glissade!! I wish I could just do it and show anyone who is wondering, because i sure can't explain it well. It's a mini-jete, sorta- a jete is a BIG leap with one leg lifted forward and the other backwards. a glissade is a little version of that, and it's more to the side than forwards...

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
LOL- I can't imagine explaining in written words how to do a glissade- it's just a glissade!! I wish I could just do it and show anyone who is wondering, because i sure can't explain it well. It's a mini-jete, sorta- a jete is a BIG leap with one leg lifted forward and the other backwards. a glissade is a little version of that, and it's more to the side than forwards...

Ahhh.. don't you just love dancing
greengrin.gif