Boyfriend working all the time and I can't handle it!

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

I feel so horrible and selfish for even posting this, but I need some advice!

My boyfriend of three months will soon start a job that invovles him working all the time, 7 days a week, sometimes late into the night! Now, ever since we started going out, we see each other all the time or talk on the phone and now I feel a sense of attachment toward him! I am so use to having him around that when he starts this new job, I'll barely see him according to him! However, he says he can take days off and when he gets a light route, he'll come by and see me! Now, I have an issue with this, I don't want our relationship to revolve around wating to see if he can see me that day! I was in a relationship before where I barely saw my boyfriend and it was torture! On the flip side, it's not like I have a very active social life outside of him and work, but still, I don't want to spend my time waiting around for him! Also, he has a ton of friends (I don't)and I am sure he has to make time for them as well! I care about him deeply, but what is the point if I am barely going to see him! I am really debating as to what to do, see how it goes and hope he was exaggerating about the amount of time he'll spend working or break it off now despite that fact that I want this relationship to work so badly!

Beauty Mark

I'd wait to see what happens. If he really is going to be working constantly, he may grow to hate the job and get a new one or try to do something about the hours.

lara

If the relationship is worth it, you'll find a way to work around it. Email and text messages can become your best friends when you're juggling a split relationship.

sheaspearl83

It's going to take balance!

Many women make the mistake of losing themselves and becoming co-dependent. This relationship can work if you balance it well. We should never isolate ourselves from the few friends we have especially for times like these. We should always keep focus on things that we enjoy doing. Plan adventures for yourself when he is away. Make the most of your time together. My husband works 6 days a week. The one day we have together is Sunday; but sometimes, we have to share this day with our children, our parents, our grandmothers, our friends,etc.

Latest posts