Brand New Milani items- shadows, blush, etc on sale at CVS

Daphne69

CVS has a few new displays for some new releases from Milani. There is a new single shadow, made to be used wet or dry, very sparkly microglitter type shadow, not something I need, have enough glitter stuff thankyou. One was open and it seemed very sheer when used dry. Pretty colors, but nothing remarkable. Price was $5 +.

Second display was for a "mineral" blush - not loose, but pressed compact. One of the colors is "Luminous". Not sure if it is the same formula as the old Luminous, but I got it anyway cause by the time I heard how great Luminous was, they had stopped selling it. Very sheer peachy color w/ fine gold shimmer. Today is my first day wearing it so I am not sure of the staying power.

Third and Fourth displays were 2 items I really was not interested in, a line of mascaras and a tube of "brush on" foundation, brush attached. All of the prices on the above were $5 something and up, but CVS is having a buy one get one 50% off on Milani right now, new stuff included, so it may be a good time to try things out.

Just wanted to let you all know....would love to hear how everyone likes the new shadows.

Daphne69

Just wanted to add, the new Luminous stays on pretty well, could have used maybe one light touch up mid day....I went to lunch with my mom and she complimented me on my "color"....moms always like to see some color in your cheeks, but my mom usually has something negative to say about my makeup, so a compliment from her is a good sign!

Also, I forgot to add another new milani item - its a little brow kit, with brow colors (2) and a highlighter for the brow bone, plus 3 applicators and a set of mini tweezers. Very cute, I forget how much, it was on the same display thingee as the mascaras.

Ms. Z

Thanks for the 411. I saw some of these items yesterday, they are Buy One get One 1/2 off at CVS.

The eye shadows were large (like the ones in MAC Flashtronic col). The eyebrow kit @ $6.49 was tempting, 2 shades of brown, a hi-liter & mini tweezers (I think Estee Lauder had something like this a couple of years ago). A few blushes (very nice colors) for $5.49 ea. & 4 new mascaras at $6.49 ea.

I purchased 201 Luminous Powder Blush & 204 Sweet Rose Mineral Powder

See photo
http://specktra.net/f195/m-c-n-mei-photos-jan-2008-hauls-88385/#post988984

Daphne69

well listen to this - someone on Makeupalley posted that the glitter in the shadows is only on the top layer, that it does not go all the way thru. I am not interested in them, I like shimmer, but everything I have with real glitter in it gets very little use... but that is pretty lame if it is true. To be honest, the shadows looked kinda cheap to me. Hard to describe, but there was no richness to them, not in color or texture.

Also, the Luminous blush is very pretty but not very pigmented at all. I don't know if the old Luminous was the same.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Z
Thanks for the 411. I saw some of these items yesterday, they are Buy One get One 1/2 off at CVS.

The eye shadows were large (like the ones in MAC Flashtronic col). The eyebrow kit @ $6.49 was tempting, 2 shades of brown, a hi-liter & mini tweezers (I think Estee Lauder had something like this a couple of years ago). A few blushes (very nice colors) for $5.49 ea. & 4 new mascaras at $6.49 ea.

I purchased 201 Luminous Powder Blush & 204 Sweet Rose Mineral Powder

See photo
http://specktra.net/f195/m-c-n-mei-photos-jan-2008-hauls-88385/#post988984

that luminous blush picture looks so pretty!!!