breakouts

charms23

I've never had a zit before ever, and lately, breakouts are happening all over my face! I didn't start using a new product so I really don't know where it came from. What are some treatments that I can use to get rid of it?

TIA!
smiles.gif

Janice

One of the best things is just washing your face regularly with a medicated facewash. I've experiemented with tons of high end skincare and my favorite facewash is Nutrogenas Fresh Foaming Cleanser (it's a makeup remover too).

You can find Queen Helenes Mint Julep mask in your local grocery store and use it as a spot treatment for your blemishes or as a traditional mask.

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
You can find Queen Helenes Mint Julep mask in your local grocery store and use it as a spot treatment for your blemishes or as a traditional mask.

ohhh, yes! the mint julep mask is AMAZING. if i see a zit forming, ill put a little bit on before i go to sleep. when i wake up, i wash it off and it's def. much better.

hmm..just make sure you wash your face at night AND in the mornings. exfoliate around 3 times a week..and moisturize well!

jamiemeng

I use liquid neutrogena face cleanser for my face. I still have acne on my face. Just on the left side of my face. Thanks

325i

Breakouts

I just got a sudden breakout that's scary. I've got several scary, red pimples on my cheek/forehead area and I'm pretty peeved about it. I usually don't breakout and if I do, it's an occasional pimple here and there. I think because I spent too much time in the sun last weekend, I had a sunburn on my face and that might have stirred up my pores. I use ProActiv, but not twice a day, everyday like they suggest (I'm lazy!
oh.gif
ops: ) and I spot treat with my Mary Kay acne treatment gel and a ProActiv mask for spot treatment. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of these nasty pimples and quick?

SOLO x STAR

I'm sorry, hun! I hate breakouts as well! The best thing to do is just continue your Proactiv three step solution and make sure to NOT touch your face! Next time put SPF on your face!

TipTopTap

TCA peels can get rid of the plug that's deep under the skin. And DDF's glycolic acid toner can help to keep your pores clear. You should also wear sunscreen, try Ocean Potion's face potion; I have never broken out from it.

juicy love

I use Neutrogena On the Spot when I have red noticeable pimples and they go away in a couple days. Or if I really light and not so noticeable ones, I use Clean & Clear Daily Acne Clearing Lotion. Those two products work great and I always use them =)

kissacid

I swear by DDF's Sulphur mask. I either mask the breakout area for 20 mins or use it as an overnight spot treatment.

Lilstace

I use a Bio-Fresh face mask from Lush Cosmetics called "Cosmetic Warrior". I swear by it!! I rarely break out now as I have found skincare to suit me but when I do (due to hormons) I use this mask and it does battle them really quick without leaving scarring.

sincitylulu

I had the same problem. I used the Mary kay acne treatment but it just wasn't working(now i don't get too many zits often) so I decided to go the the dermatologist and he prescribed Claron so far it's working.

pink__grapefruit

I never use pro activ twice a day like the dirrections said... I'm too lazy, but when i break out i regret it
ssad.gif
Also, my sister uses it too, so i'm always out of it, and thats when i get the worse breakouts, when we're all out of it... Grrr

I'd just not touch it... But i really wanna try Pro Activ's blemish Corrector thingy, that concentrates on one pimple and such... I forgot the name, but i really need to try it

dreams

I use an anti-bacterial soap for my skin...which prevents breakouts. Thats why my skin is clear and stuff....maybe its just my skin...

breathless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325i
I just got a sudden breakout that's scary. I've got several scary, red pimples on my cheek/forehead area and I'm pretty peeved about it. I usually don't breakout and if I do, it's an occasional pimple here and there. I think because I spent too much time in the sun last weekend, I had a sunburn on my face and that might have stirred up my pores. I use ProActiv, but not twice a day, everyday like they suggest (I'm lazy!
oh.gif
ops: ) and I spot treat with my Mary Kay acne treatment gel and a ProActiv mask for spot treatment. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of these nasty pimples and quick?

oh dear! the same thing has happened to me too! i almost died when i seen so much on my face. i dont know what happened. i needed suggestions too.

lovemichelle

I used ProActiv and it made my skin worse. My skin has been so up and down for the last year, I just can't find anything to really work. I hope not using liquid foundations and regular concealers will help.

manslayerliz

Hi there! Acne is just the worst, I'm so sorry you've been struggling with it. I'm 24 and I have REALLY fair skin, so acne has always really shown up on me, what a nightmare. Anyway, the good news is that I recently stumbled onto a routine that made my skin so clear, I don't even have to wear make up anymore, yay!! Unfortunately, proactiv never gave me really consistent results, so I'm not surprised that it hasn't worked for you either. Here's what cleared my skin up:

Twice a day: wash face with Dermadoctor's wrinkle revenge face wash

Twice a week: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

Twice a day: Dermadoctor Pore Perfect serum

This combo has gotten rid of my breakouts AND blackheads, hooray! However, if you have a LOT of inflammation to start with, you might need to kick start this routine by adding Murad's acne spot treatment or Juice Beauty's acne serum, as those really help with redness, swelling, etc. Good luck, and PM me if you have any questions! (PS I also keep a "Zeno" on hand for when I do get the occasional break out, and it works like MAGIC!)

Latest posts