Breakup Songs

feenin4makeup

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this but...

I fairly recently went thru a horrible breakup and I'm the type of person that likes music to help me get over it. I wanted to make a playlist on my ipod of as many breakup songs I could find that relate to how I feel. What are your favorites?? For songs that relate to my situation, they'd need to be about getting your heartbroken, being lied to and cheated on. *Lovely, huh?*
ssad.gif

I like all kinds of music so all suggestions welcome.

benzito_714

Fantasia-Free Yourself
Keyshia Cole-I Just Want it to Be Over

Both are breakup songs but they are moreso empowering and focus on loving you rather than crying over the ex.

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzito_714
Fantasia-Free Yourself
Keyshia Cole-I Just Want it to Be Over

Both are breakup songs but they are moreso empowering and focus on loving you rather than crying over the ex.

That's exactly what I need... a little empowerment (although crying does me some good too... lol) My feelings are more like a loss...mourning... like a death... less like, why did he leave me?? I'm not in the pity, poor me stage... just sad. Thanks for the suggestions!! I like both artists so I'll def be checking those out.

Shaquille

I hope you like country
greengrin.gif

Here are some survivor songs
Chely Wright - Shut Up and Drive
Taylor Swift - Should've Said No
Taylor Swift - Picture to Burn
Leann Rimes - Life goes on

That's about what I can think of right now.. I'll add more later..
smiles.gif
good luck

User93

Fray - How to save a life (i cant help tears in my eyes when i hear it)
Beyonce - Me, myself & I
Ashanti - Rain on me
Tamia - Me

last 3 are more enpowering i would say, like you wanted! When i feel down, i also listen to Lil Wayne - I feel like dieing. Its not about a break
up, it just gets me always.

Also listen over to Pink - You & Your hand. It should enpower you too, at least it works for me.

YouTube - Tamia- Me
I would say you gotta listen to more positive songs! But sometimes music really helps to release emotions what we all need. Id write more if i think of any.

MACATTAK

More country hits & a few others:

Before He Cheats-Carrie Underwood
Stay-Sugarland
Settlin'-Sugarland
Leave The Pieces-The Wreckers
Cheatin'-Sara Evans
Love Don't Live Here-Lady Antebellum
Let Him Fly-Dixie Chicks
It's Getting Better All The Time-Brooks & Dunn
You Give Love a Bad Name-Bon Jovi
It's Been Awhile-Staind

Some are sad...all are amazing! Just know you will be okay & you will get through this, as hard as it is right now.

Kayteuk

Teardrops on my guitar- Taylor swift

However thats a bit to morbid. However its good for one last cry, or several! Sometimes you just need to cry it all out!

=) I will think of some better ones later...

Robyn- Be mine
Robyn- Whos that girl

GlossyAbby

an old country song ... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do - mindy mcready & kelly clarkson since u been gone

revinn

Wait for You - Elliot Yamin. Not really positive, but when I went through my last break up, I listened to this CONSTANTLY. And maybe When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne, and Never Again - Kelly Clarkson. Not my usual type of music, but they were all nice to listen to with my broken heart.

florabundance

My playlist for you feenin4makeup:

Keyshia Cole - Let It Go
Keyshia Cole - Was It Worth It?
D'Angelo - Shit, Damn, Motherfucker
Rihanna - Take A Bow
Rihanna - Breakin' Dishes
Tweet - Motel
Adele - Best For Last

and just a completely feel good one to round it off positively

Jill Scott - Golden

Lizzie

"I Don't Need a Man" by the Pussycat Dolls

*sings* "I don't need a man to make it happen, I get off being free!" "I don't need a man to make it through, cuz I'm doing fine without you!"

Feel better sweety! *hugs*

Bernadette

Get yourself some Fiona Apple!!! In particular, the "When the Pawn" album and "Parting Gift," "Oh Well" and "Not About Love" from the "Extraordinary Machine" album.

dollbaby

T-Shirt - Shontelle
Pieces of a Dream - Anastacia
Your Love is Just a Lie - Simple Plan
Already Over - Red
I Will Survive - Enrique Iglesias

pink_lily002

Sugarland (all the songs I'm listening first are by them) - Settlin' - DEFINITELY an empowerment song, I love it
Stay - it doesn't make me cry anymore, but pretty much everyone can relate to this song
Keep You - I cried when I heard this song for the first time, for me it's about being with someone when you know you shouldn't, but you keep telling yourself that you love them.....I seriously love this song
Steve Earle - just a great, fun song to smile and dance along to, very goofy and makes you feel better

Keith Urban - Stupid Boy (the name says it all)

Carrie Underwood - So Small

Maroon 5 - Better That We Break

Those were all songs I've listened to when going through a break-up, but I've found that all of the Sugarland albums are the ones I can relate to best when going through anything sad.

ms_bloom

Some of these are repeats ...

Apologize - One Republic
Life goes on - Leann Rimes
Out of reach - Gabrielle
When it all falls apart - The Veronicas
The sound of breaking up - Paul Mac
Better in time - Leona Lewis