Bridal Makeup Recs? "Malibu blue" dresses!

rosegasm

Just so y'all know, I am not a pro MUA or anything....

One of my best friends is getting married next month and she asked me to be the MUA for the entire bridal party (I am also a bridesmaid). I already know what to know what colors I should go for in terms of the bride, but it would be great if anyone had any recs for products (HD and outdoor-friendly). She has oily skin, and about a NC20.

In terms of the bridesmaids, she chose a bright blue dress (the color is called "Malibu"):
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product...ess-F14212_Bridal-Party-Features-New-Arrivals

Anyone have any ideas for colors I should go with? She requested a shimmery neutral eye, but I'm not so sure it would work with such a bright color. I've seen bad bridesmaid makeup with neon shadow brushed over the entire lid (from lash to brow), and I would love not to go down that route (for my own vanity's sake, lol). As for the cheeks and lips, I was thinking of something peachy/coral (think MAC Cremesheen in Richer, Lusher), to pay hommage to spring.

Any ideas would be great! :)

Also, random question. Since it is an outdoor wedding, and I am a maniac about sunscreen (I'm in my early 20s and I'd rather save my skin early, lol), is it a bad idea to still apply it? I want to avoid that white cast... is indoor flash photography the only instance that would happen?

Thank you!!!!