Broke and freezing MAC account!

Anyone else broke and putting a freeze to MAC hauls in 2009?
Im trying to save up for a house but I need to cut corners and that also means makeup....
nope.gif
my wallet is putting its foot down with me
ssad.gif
.. What are you sacrficing makeup for???

blindpassion

Im not broke but I put a serious hold on all MAC purchases since the summer.
Like I cant even remember the last thing I bought at MAC other than brush cleaner.

and I honestly have more makeup then I could probably use up in my entire life.

MsButterfli

not broke but the "MAC Fund" will be going towards stuff for the baby. Ive accumulated a LOT of the perm line and some LE stuff enough to last a lifetime as well as the baby's lol

lafemmenoir

I am going to save money for things like travel, savings account accrual, and for the sake of having enough makeup for life. I don't like myself for spending loads on cosmetics. I told myself it was acceptable, but I am getting hyped and when it comes to "need" I cannot justify it, and when I think of what tangible items (trips, vacations, grad school, et al) I would like to have that money then. I am trying to not be so makeup obsessed as much.

TISH1124

I save and spend .....I may cut back on spending because I really have almost all the MAC I could ever use in the near future...But cut off...
nope.gif
My makeup is never bought from a necessity or household fund...It's always from our fun money account.

I agree.I mean im not completely broke. Im sure if there is a will there is a way but i am so determined to live better i think my face will have to just settle for the 1000 of items of makeup i have...I mean this will maybe force me to use the things i have and even the ones i havent even used once. I am just a bit sad because just when i was about to start hauling MUFE stuff i have to cut off MAC....and MUFE.

abbey_08

im cutting back 'cos i got made redundant so not buying anything in general til i get a new job. but im asking for some mac for xmas so all is well!!! prob will HAVE to buy some hello kitty stuff though...it would be rude not to! lol

makeba

i cut back a lot since COC. but i just made a purchase today of two lippies and an eyeshadow brush. i got enough mac stuff to last and last but what i do need are brushes. soo i am cutting back on makeup to buy some quality brushes. i may buy two brushes a month until i have the ones i need.

Willa

The thing is : I can't really cut on makeup because I need to buy more stuff to start freelancing. What will be helping is that the MUFE counter will probably hire me in the next week and they are supposed to pay me in products, wich I love <3

So I guess being paid in products will mean that I wont need to buy...

yes.gif

Beauty Mark

I've stopped buying so much makeup, because I have a lot and I realized I don't like all of what I own, so I want to evaluate it all before I use it. For instance, with MAC, I don't like the Lipglass formula on a whole and prefer Smashbox lipgloss now.

For me personally, it doesn't hurt that I'm not interested in any of the collections I've seen thus far.

Shadowy Lady

I bought much less this year compared to last year. I'm pretty sure the trend will continue in 2009. Reasons:

1. I have a lot of makeup. I don't think I'll put a total freeze on MAC (and makeup in general) but I will be buying less.
2. We bought a house this year and still adjusting to the expenses
3. We're saving to go to South Africa for the World Cup of 2010
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

I do buy a lot of makeup, but I try to get it on sale, or only buy what I REALLY want.

I havent bought a lot because Im buying gifts, plus hopefully Ill get some gift cards for the holidays

I dont need EVERYTHING though, Im glad for that. Because I can pick and choose what I want, and collect things slowly. Hopefully, after February, my MAC addiction will slow the hell down.
th_dunno.gif

TISH1124

Ok...I am not broke but after careful consideration it is time for me to halt the Makeup buying....Most of my things that I have never used will probably go bad before I ever get to wear them. I am an excessive buyer...If I like a lipstick I will buy 5 of them...WTF and why...I have triplicates of duplicates...I am at the NO MORE point....I can't even decide what to wear because I have far too many choices...

My new deal...No more lipsticks/lipglosses period!!!
No more shadows until I have at least hit pan on 1
No more blush until I have at least hit pan on 1
No more MSF until I have at least worn all the ones I have more than once
No more fluiidlines until I have tried every color I have
No more Paint pots until I have at least opened half of the ones I have except Contructivist....I really have been lemming for that one

I really need counseling!!

sharkbytes

I'm not necessarily scaling back so much as shopping smarter. I've done my collection research, will view things in person, and I'm not buying anything just because of a logo or the fact that it's LE. I have a ton of LE stuff (probably more than the permanent line) and I don't even use half of it because i'm afraid to run out. So my new policy is buying what will be used, and if something special comes along I'll grab that too.

That, and I have enough blushes to last me well into the year 2055. It'll have to be flecked with actual moon dust and diamond powder for me to pick up another cheek product
smiles.gif

i always buy make up cause i think the colors are cute or fun lookin' and hope that i will eventually use it. i have loads of mac but ONLY use my studio fix in nc 30, concealer in nc25, black tied eyeshadow, & myth l/s. i have hella blushes, powders, & eyeshadows that just shit there and collect dust
smiles.gif

i wanna save loot just cause though..you ALWAYS should have at least $500-$1000 saved up in a 911 account.

Simply Elegant

I'm not really cutting back much because I don't buy much makeup anymore anyway. I'm pretty happy with my collection now.

whittt8

I have decided to put huge rules on my purchases too. I'm only going to buy things when I run out. I'm going to B2M as much as humanly possible and I'm going to give myself a budget every month. I have enough makeup to last me my lifetime and into the next, and there is no reason for me to continue purchasing things when I dont use everything I have. I was all geared up to buy the entire BBR collection, but I changed my mind. I have enough MSF's that have been used maybe 10X. I'm not going to buy any eyeshadows unless I reallllllllllly want them and they arent similar to anything I have (same with glosses) and I'm going to B2M for lipsticks. I'm almost shamed by how much I have and the fact that I dont use all of it. So I'm going to do better in 09 fer sure!
greengrin.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I've already cut buying makeup. For one, I have nowhere to put anything anymore. I also have so much shit that I can't justify buying anything because I can come home and pull out at least 2 things that would be comparable. I'm also not getting as many hours as I was and things are tight. I also just graduated college and my boyfriend and I are looking to buy our own place this coming year. So in general, everything is being cut back. My credit cards are in the freezer and I've gotten really good at recycling EVERYTHIING lol.