Bronze Universal - How do you apply this?

deidre

I had been lusting over this product for the longest time. I finally got it, and now I'm just really perplexed on how best to apply it . . . after foundation, before foundation, what type of brush. Suggestions, please!

xphoenix06

Absolutely love this product! I love to use this product for contouring my face, it has a really nice texture, glides on beautifully, blends well, and I really like the scent it has (but then again I pretty much like most of the scents that Chanel has in most of their beauty products). I apply foundation first before I use bronze universal. The Chanel SAs and MUAs from the counter I go to, suggest using pinceau retouche or pinceau poupre bisiuate brushes. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Brushes-&-Accessories-89291
I really like to use the Sigma F84 - Angled Kabuki brush. http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Sigma_Angled_Top_Synthetic_Kabuki_F84_p/f84.htm
I usually use both my fingers and the F84 when applying this product. If you have light to medium skin tone, it works quite well for contour, and it's also a great base for bronzing powders.

Miss QQ

Is this product still an ongoing one? I tried to buy one from mid last year till the year end and my counters were out of stock. One SA went further to say it is discontinued, but I'm not sure. I want to use it for contouring too, and I've heard that the scent is great.

xphoenix06

Is this product still an ongoing one? I tried to buy one from mid last year till the year end and my counters were out of stock. One SA went further to say it is discontinued, but I'm not sure. I want to use it for contouring too, and I've heard that the scent is great.

I believe it's still an ongoing product from Chanel, I remember that Chanel changed the package (just renamed it to SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL). From what my SAs at my counter told me, this product is very popular during certain seasons/times of the year and can sell out very quickly. You can still purchase the SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL on the Chanel cosmetic website.
It's the best contour product I've ever used and I have many contour palettes, powders, creams from different brands (MAC, NARS, Stila, MUFE, drugstore brands, etc). The color is excellent for anyone with light to medium skin tones NC/NW15 to NC/NW30 (lighter end of NC/NW30) as a contour and/or base for powder/cream bronzers. The color has no red/orange tint/tone in it, doesn't make my face look muddy or dirty, it's just natural looking.
Definitely a HG product for me. It's texture is between gel and cream, feels light and glides on beautifully, the product easily blend well on to the face too. I've noticed that there's a sheen/very fine shimmers in the product but once it's on my face I don't see any of it in person or in photos. I like to use my fingers and a brush like Sigma's F84 angled kabuki brush when I apply it on. In my opinion you get what you pay for and the amount should last you for a while, it sells for $48 USD online. I've only used this over my foundation, never tried it under my foundation.
This product really does smell great, it's not strong at all, it's subtle and pleasant. If you are able to find it, definitely give it a try. The only thing that some may not like about this product is that it comes in a shallow jar/tub and Chanel doesn't provide a small spatula/spoon/flat stick to get the product out so it may become a sanitary issue. I don't have a problem with the packaging though since I always wash my hands and am the only one that uses my tub/jar of SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL.
Here's a link to SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL on the Chanel site : http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Bronzer-SOLEIL-TAN-DE-CHANEL-88673
If you do try it, let me know if you like it or not
winks.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! That explains it, the reason it was out of stock for so long was because they were changing the name and packaging. I will definitely see if my counters have it now.
yes.gif
I have 2 foundations that are too light for me, I wonder if I can mix it with them to give them more warmth.

jmarie

Miss QQ, you could probably layer the bronzer on top of your foundation. If your were thinking about mixing the two together, it may be difficult because the bronzer is solid.

xphoenix06

^^ Thanks! That explains it, the reason it was out of stock for so long was because they were changing the name and packaging. I will definitely see if my counters have it now.
yes.gif
I have 2 foundations that are too light for me, I wonder if I can mix it with them to give them more warmth.

I'm so sorry, when I wrote that the product has the texture between gel and cream I meant that's how the product feels like upon touch and feel. I should have been more specific when I described the product, my apologies.

There's the Soleil tan de Chanel sheer illuminating fluid that you could use to darken your foundations that are too light for your skin tone if you're interested.

toautumn

This is so helpful! Everytime I am at the counter I just kind of play with it. Maybe next time I will take the plunge!

meleftie

I'm so glad to read this, I purchased it as well but haven't quite figured out the application process so it's sitting in it's box, begging for attention.

LoveStoned

Oh my God, my absolutely favorite bronzing and contouring product ever! Love the texture, the way it blends, the scent! I can't imagine my summers without it, since my body is always darker than my face, so I have to bronze the face to make it all even. This helps like a charm. I also use Sigma F84 and my fingers, and I apply it over my foundation on the places where the sun normally hits my face. An absolute must have
heart.gif

Dannygirl

This bronzer is the best out there in my eyes. I find many people use the Sigma F84 brush, which i've tried but it just blending it in to much. I prefer to use a Mac 182 kabuki brush. Since the brush is so dense and full it gets in there, just swirl it around, and it doesn't pick up a ton of product, then you can tap it lightly off your hand then apply to face. It took me some time and research before finding the method and best brush to use. Just tap in onto your face then blend. It's the most amazing and easiest ways to appy this product. So all your Sigma fans, take a chance and use the Mac 182 you'll love the results.

Monsy

Quote:Originally Posted by melissa20

I want to try this product, been lusting for it!!!

me too@

pbpink

this is one of Chanel's best products bar none, IMO - I have used guerlain terra cotta forever and still will here and there but this just blends out beautiful, I use the chanel touch up brush and just swirl it around, then dot it around face then blend face and neck!

msmid

And i forgot to say that it looks very natural on my fair skin... Unlike many other bronzers by other brands

meleftie

This bronzer is the best out there in my eyes. I find many people use the Sigma F84 brush, which i've tried but it just blending it in to much. I prefer to use a Mac 182 kabuki brush. Since the brush is so dense and full it gets in there, just swirl it around, and it  doesn't pick up a ton of product, then you can tap it lightly off your hand then apply to face. It took me some time and research before finding the method and best brush to use. Just tap in onto your face then blend. It's the most amazing and easiest ways to appy this product. So all your Sigma fans, take a chance and use the Mac 182 you'll love the results.
You are right the 182 works like a dream for this!!

pbpink

And i forgot to say that it looks very natural on my fair skin... Unlike many other bronzers by other brands
not sure if any of you are getting the new les beiges but this on bottom with les beiges on top is a match made in heaven esp with fair skin! btw, i heard straight from C boutique that this is being dc'ed b/c of les beiges....

Teger

not sure if any of you are getting the new les beiges but this on bottom with les beiges on top is a match made in heaven esp with fair skin! btw, i heard straight from C boutique that this is being dc'ed b/c of les beiges....
Are you sure they didn't mean the Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powders? I know those are going away, but it wouldn't make sense for Chanel to discontinue a cult product such as bronze universal/bronzing makeup base.

pbpink

Are you sure they didn't mean the Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powders? I know those are going away, but it wouldn't make sense for Chanel to discontinue a cult product such as bronze universal/bronzing makeup base.
the C boutique said both the bronzers and the make up base will be dc'ed - I can ask another C boutique that I also sometimes use and see what they say - I believe they have a product meeting today company wide so perhaps they will know more after tomm..have you heard anything??

Latest posts