Bronzer for the Bronzed!

Twinkle_Twinkle

New member
I've recently picked up Iman's Sheer Bronzer in Clay, Lorac's bronzer in Glow, Laura Mercier's Bronzing Duo and Sephora's Bronzing Trio. And I am still on the hunt for more goodies.
 

oopsiwentglam

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishameesh
Yes! Brown girls look fab in bronzer! My fave is one by Wet n Wild- can't think of the name, though. But its just perfect! A lot of times, I just use this in place of blush. Another fave I have is Golden Bronze (loose powder bronzer) which is also nice.

I agree with Golden Bronze from MAC
 

elektra513

New member
I just bought the Cargo one in Dark a couple of weeks ago. I find I've been using it everyday. It's doing what Metal Rock MSF (which is darker) was doing for me, but much less glitter. I love the "sheen" of bronzer...
 

AlluringTaxpaya

New member
All the posts are great and informative. Just wanted to add that Milani has a great bronzer that comes in a jar called, "01- Body Bronzer". I use it on my face in the usual bronzing areas and it gives a wonderful dewy golden bronze. I also place some on my collarbone for a believable balanced bronze. It looks so natural. My family and friends always compliment my look. Very inexpensive.
 

M.A.C. head.

New member
You should definitely get some! Especially for the summer.

I'm NW43 and I use MACs iridescent loose powder in "Golden Bronze".

It's great to use under my regular blush because it adds a bit of tint and some elegant shimmer.

Go for it hun! It's a nice touch.
 

MsCocoa

New member
^^I think that's the one I tested on my hand and if so I didn't really like it, it was a gold sheen and seemed to be more of a highlighter than a bronzer but I didn't really get a good look. The original chocolate version might be good buy though!
 

candrakirana

New member
mscocoa, I think you're right. My friend has swatched it for me and it is not as good as what I have expected. thank you for sharing.

I'm eyeing Bourjois Delice de Poudre 54 Or now
 

luvsic

New member
I am Asian but not sure what my skintone is because I get tanner during the summer and paler during the winter....I just have a question - would I have to switch bronzer colors because of this? I am relatively new to bronzing as well and plan on trying Too faced Carribean in a Compact in Sun Bunny but at the same time my skin isn't too clear (my forehead is a little bumpy but nothing drastic and alright everywhere else) so would I def. need a foundation before using bronzer? Or could I just moisturize and put it on if my skin clears up? I am so new to skin stuff it's not even funny


Oh and to find out my skintone(s) do I just pop by any MAC store and ask..?
 

Twinkle_Twinkle

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
I am Asian but not sure what my skintone is because I get tanner during the summer and paler during the winter....I just have a question - would I have to switch bronzer colors because of this? I am relatively new to bronzing as well and plan on trying Too faced Carribean in a Compact in Sun Bunny but at the same time my skin isn't too clear (my forehead is a little bumpy but nothing drastic and alright everywhere else) so would I def. need a foundation before using bronzer? Or could I just moisturize and put it on if my skin clears up? I am so new to skin stuff it's not even funny


Oh and to find out my skintone(s) do I just pop by any MAC store and ask..?


You could use two different bronzers depending on the season; one that's a little more intense in the summer, and one that more subtle for the cooler months. I have some bronzers that are lighter than others. You can wear bronzer without foundation, and I would avoid bronzer on the forehead anyway, unless it's matte or semi-matte.
 

PolyphonicLove

New member
any recs on a bronzer solely for contouring? reference photos:

here and here

Cargo's bronzer in Dark didn't even show up on me...I was thinking Benefit's Hoola could be the answer to my prayers, but I'm not really sure.
 

chocolategoddes

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyphonicLove
any recs on a bronzer solely for contouring? reference photos:

here and here

Cargo's bronzer in Dark didn't even show up on me...I was thinking Benefit's Hoola could be the answer to my prayers, but I'm not really sure.


It's hard for people with darker skin to find a "bronzer" for contouring. I prefer using a stick foundation or a powder in a shade much deeper than my all over foundation and then buffing it in.
 

Twinkle_Twinkle

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyphonicLove
any recs on a bronzer solely for contouring? reference photos:

here and here

Cargo's bronzer in Dark didn't even show up on me...I was thinking Benefit's Hoola could be the answer to my prayers, but I'm not really sure.


I agree with chocolategoddess. And honestly, if CARGO's Dark didn't show, Benefit's Hoola definitely wont. I'd just try a contouring shade, like one of the MAC Pro Sculpting Powders or Blunt blush.

ETA: You could try contouring with Chocolate pigment, or Twig Eyeshadow (Stila). That would look shimmery like a bronzer and it's dark enough to contour with.
 

lilchocolatema

New member
Exactly!! Sam Fine swears by this. I bought it solely on his recommendation. Look at how he uses it on this bride...SO gorgeous!
I'm an NC50 so it doesn't look exactly the same, but it's such a soft, gorgeous bronzy glow. I'm loving it!!! His blog can be found here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I just bought the Cargo one in Dark a couple of weeks ago. I find I've been using it everyday. It's doing what Metal Rock MSF (which is darker) was doing for me, but much less glitter. I love the "sheen" of bronzer...
 

PolyphonicLove

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I agree with chocolategoddess. And honestly, if CARGO's Dark didn't show, Benefit's Hoola definitely wont. I'd just try a contouring shade, like one of the MAC Pro Sculpting Powders or Blunt blush.

ETA: You could try contouring with Chocolate pigment, or Twig Eyeshadow (Stila). That would look shimmery like a bronzer and it's dark enough to contour with.


Will def look into that, and will search Sephora when I go to Dallas in a few weeks. Thankies.
 
Top