bronzer : i'm lost

breatheonbeat

this is going to sound really silly, but if i don't ask, i won't ever know!

i have been looking at the alluring aquatic swatches and reaally considering getting a bronzer. i own benefit's dallas and i have tried nars laguna. they both came in sets. i don't really know what you do with them. i have attempted contouring, but i think the shades are a bit odd for my skintone. overall, i thought dallas was nicer than laguna, though.
i had been considering purchasing buying the newish nars contour powders in olympia, but these really caught my eye.

i like the look/idea of both aphrodite's shell and golden, and i feel like if i am going to get a bronzer, it should be one of these two. i have really fair skin and i don't want to look like tanmom/lindsay lohan/snooki in 2010/orange or anything like that.

so my questions are: how do i apply it? are they primarily for contouring? are these shades what i should be looking at? (nc5-8)
is it worth me getting a bronzer in general- i only burn, so i don't know if they will look strange?

this is the closest i've been to actually purchasing a bronzer, as these look like shades that suit pale skin.

Dominique33

I have Aphrodite ´ s Shell but I am NW 20. I also have Dallas and I use it as a blush, not as a bronzer ( it is a blush ^^ ). AS is not orangey at all, it is more a soft pink nude beige nude if you prefer. I use a flat brush but not all over the face, clearly I prefer using it as a " bronzer/blush" to enhance my cheeks. I never use bronzers except the Terracotta Nude 00 which I recommand if you want something light and natural. AS is a bronzer I suppose using it as such is better ) but if you have a fair skin why not trying Guerlain Terracotta Nude or Chanel les Beiges to give à healthy glow to your skin ? Or maybe Dior Bronzer in Aurora ?

breatheonbeat

NW 20. I also have Dallas and I use it as a blush, not as a bronzer ( it is a blush ^^ ). AS is not orangey at all, it is more a soft pink nude beige nude if you prefer. I use a flat brush but not all over the face, clearly I prefer using it as a " bronzer/blush" to enhance my cheeks. I never use bronzers except the Terracotta Nude 00 which I recommand if you want something light and natural. AS is a bronzer I suppose using it as such is better ) but if you have a fair skin why not trying Guerlain Terracotta Nude or Chanel les Beiges to give à healthy glow to your skin ? Or maybe Dior Bronzer in Aurora ?
LOL told you i was lost!
i like the glow AS is giving a lot of people around the cheeks- basically i just want a little healthy glow!
would you mind swatching it next to dallas, just so i can see something i own for reference?

Dominique33

It´ s 1 AM lol here so I have to leave ) but Dallas is very dark compared to AS, it is a brown pink blush ( gorgeous and highly buildable too ) whereas AS is a light bronzer for fair/médium skins. Have a good afternoon, :) I will swatch tomorrow.

purplevines

Depends on if you want to contour or bronze the face. It is generally recommended to contour with matte products, because the idea of contouring is to "resect" or sharpen the face by emphasizing a shadow in the face. The extradimension bronzers in AA are not matte products, so you can get a beautiful glow with them, they won't (at least theoretically?) contour as well as a matte product because of that glow. You will be somewhat highlighting the parts you are trying to sharpen. Aphrodites shell will probably be fine in the hollows of the cheeks because it's got pink undertones, but imagine it on the nose trying to contour? Probably won't work too well!

NYX Taupe blush is a really popular drugstore choice, as well as NYC's sunny bronzer (like 3 dollars!) if you just want to start trying. I'd still get Aphrodite's Shell because it looks beautiful! It has more pink undertones so it'll probably look more natural on your skin than something orange.

http://www.vivaadonis.com/2011/11/make-up-101-face-mapping.html Has the "3E" method there, although she doesn't include the chin or the nose, which can also be bronzed up if you like :)

breatheonbeat

But Aphrodite's Shell really surprised me! It's so different from the other MAC ED skinfinishes, less shimmery!
there is another post from a blog where she had the glow i'm looking for too:

(source http://kickarseredlips.blogspot.com/)

so subtle, but so pretty. that girl almost has me sold on lorelei too, but i buy shades like that ALLL the time. i have all 3 naked palettes and honey lust.... soo i don't think i need that.

but is the bronzer just applied over both the lower part of their cheeks and in the hollow, and maybe swept upwards?

purplevines

ohwow you are in france! i took a few years of french, but my french is probably very bad from years of not practicing. i can read it pretty well, but not speak it at all.

thank you sooo much. if dallas is dark vs AS, i am almost positive i will buy it- plus if dallas isn't a bronzer, i don't own any bronzers, as i gave laguna to my mom lol!

merci beaucoup :) vous êtes très utile
(close??? )

the glow is exactly what i want! i wouldnt really bother contouring my nose or anything like that- i m quite happy with my bone structure (is that a weird thing to say?) but someone in the thread posted a gorgeous picture of AS, and her skin just looked radiant. it looked like AS was concentrated on her cheeks, but i don't quite know where...

there is another post from a blog where she had the glow i'm looking for too:

(source http://kickarseredlips.blogspot.com/)

so subtle, but so pretty. that girl almost has me sold on lorelei too, but i buy shades like that ALLL the time. i have all 3 naked palettes and honey lust.... soo i don't think i need that.

but is the bronzer just applied over both the lower part of their cheeks and in the hollow, and maybe swept upwards?
These pictures are why I'm buying it too haha

The bronzer seems to be applied that way in the photos,see the link I posted above to help map it out for you!

I'm so excited for AS but it's so far away :(

purplevines

right?! the first girl looks so good in enchanted one, which i know will be horrible on me. i always buy shades like that and they always look bad, so i keep trying to tell myself that.
Ya I love the look of enchanted one, esp on her, but I rarely wear nudes, so it's silly to get it..right?

Dominique33

ohwow you are in france! i took a few years of french, but my french is probably very bad from years of not practicing. i can read it pretty well, but not speak it at all. thank you sooo much. if dallas is dark vs AS, i am almost positive i will buy it- plus if dallas isn't a bronzer, i don't own any bronzers, as i gave laguna to my mom lol! merci beaucoup :) vous êtes très utile (close??? ) the glow is exactly what i want! i wouldnt really bother contouring my nose or anything like that- i m quite happy with my bone structure (is that a weird thing to say?) but someone in the thread posted a gorgeous picture of AS, and her skin just looked radiant. it looked like AS was concentrated on her cheeks, but i don't quite know where...  there is another post from a blog where she had the glow i'm looking for too: (source http://kickarseredlips.blogspot.com/) so subtle, but so pretty. that girl almost has me sold on lorelei too, but i buy shades like that ALLL the time. i have all 3 naked palettes and honey lust.... soo i don't think i need that. but is the bronzer just applied over both the lower part of their cheeks and in the hollow, and maybe swept upwards?
Je suis très utile ? Ah merci, Thanks ! :)
bfcbf98a_image.jpeg
Dallas versus AS, both are worth buying ( I am à huge fan of Dallas by the way ^^ ), 2 are différent. If you have Dallas yes for for Aphrodite' s Shell !

breatheonbeat

Dallas versus AS, both are worth buying ( I am à huge fan of Dallas by the way ^^ ), 2 are différent. If you have Dallas yes for for Aphrodite' s Shell !

i tried lol!

ahhh i can't wait! i am definitely adding it to my list. was it something that sold out fast?