Brother with autism missing AGAIN

Bianca

Hi everyone,

Last time I told you about my brother with autism, well, he is missing again..............Last time they found him at the German border because he wanted to go to Russia (don't ask me why, he is autistic and has low intelligence). I am really angry that the people over there who are supposed to keep an eye on him let him walk again!!! Their argument is that Richard (my brother) promised to return after he did some shopping. Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!! So now he is out in the cold only wearing a sweater. Someday something bad is going to happen if he takes off over and over again. This is the THIRD time for god's sake........I don't know what to say or do anymore, I just want those people to treat him you know. Sometimes it seems things are getting better and we are happy (my parents and I) and then it gets worse than ever. Just had to get this off my chest...

Indigowaters

I'm sorry that this has happened again. I pray that your brother is found safe and sound and that nothing happens to him.

Shimmer

I hope they find him safe, and that it doesn't happen again.
ssad.gif

M

I am praying for you and your family. I hope he is found safe and well.

KJam

So sorry - he's in my prayers. This really hits home, as my 6 year old son has autism. Please let us know when he is found!

Bianca

Well, thank god they found him today! He was sitting in the train and didn't buy a ticket so the railway police took him and delivered him to the police and they brought him back to the clinic. I don't understand why they keep letting this happen! I told my mother to have a very good talk with his keepers, running away for the third time is bad!

giz2000

I'm glad they found him safe and well...your mom definitely has to have a chat with his caregivers...they aren't doing their job.

caffn8me

I'm really relieved to hear that he's been found safe again. I can understand the anguish and frustration your family must experience every time it happens again. Let's hope that the carers will now be more careful about monitoring his movements.

If he has a mobile phone these can now be tracked. Some websites now offer the service but you'll need to have physical possession of the mobile while the service is activated. Provided that he had it with him and didn't know it was a tracking device that might be one possible solution.

Good luck!

jenii

I don't know you, but I feel for you, as I have autistic relatives. I'm very glad your brother is safe. Is there somewhere else he can be? The place he's in doesn't seem very good at keeping track of him.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I'm really relieved to hear that he's been found safe again. I can understand the anguish and frustration your family must experience every time it happens again. Let's hope that the carers will now be more careful about monitoring his movements.

If he has a mobile phone these can now be tracked. Some websites now offer the service but you'll need to have physical possession of the mobile while the service is activated. Provided that he had it with him and didn't know it was a tracking device that might be one possible solution.

Good luck!

They also have shoes now (Nike, I think) that have trackers in them...for hikers & such, but if he likes them, it may be more likely that he would wear them if he's not likely to carry a cellphone.

Autism is tough. I'm super glad that he was found safe.
I don't understand how his caregivers have let him go free so much. Is this clinic the best one for him/the only option?

Hawkeye

THe shoes would be a better choice if he likes them. Autism is a fascinating and hard thing. I don't understand how the caregivers could let him out either. I mean I know that sometimes they just-go wherever if they get fixated on something but them letting him out is ridiculous and dangerous
ssad.gif

I really feel for you hon
ssad.gif
I'm so glad he's safe!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I'm glad that he was found (once again) how scary that must be for you and your family .
The caregivers, I am assuming are not your parents, .. and are they the same caregivers that have let him out of sight, and go missing 3 times?

It must be scary for your family with him being out all alone, Because a lot of people do not understand Autism, And may mistake his Autism for something other than that. People like to pick on others, its a awful thing.

Bianca

Well, the caregivers are sitting in an office and reading books/talking all day. My bf says they are just "keeping" the people like pets and do nothing with them. My brother sleeps all day or is watching tv and he told them he wants to go on a holiday and they say: you can't!! And if he wants to go outside, they just let him, no one goes with him. I can imagine he gets depressed, they lock them up in their rooms but they CAN go outside if they want to, without someone watching them. They have to keep an eye on him, that is what they get paid for!! Stupid assholes. I see the place and they don't even clean it properly, they have mice walking around there as well. It's so sad but he can't live with my parents, he is too dangerous. But I guess my bf's right about the "keeping them like pets" part altough I think a pet is taken care of better........

MisStarrlight

That is absolutely terrible! Those people should be reported or something-at the very least. Ideally they would have to suffer the same fate as their patients. I don't know how it is over there, but there's gotta be some sort of governmental regulation (right?)
Is there any other place you all could look into placing him in?

Latest posts