Brow colour help for very dark hair

Lissa

My hair is very very dark brown, almost black (the avatar photo is about 2 years old). I have been using Concrete e/s as a brow filler. I thought it was dark enough. However in a photo taken the other night, it looks much too light and actually looked quite ridiculous.

Anyone know of a better e/s for very dark hair? I prefer Mac just so I can put it in my palette, but the swatches on the website aren't very clear.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated (I searched but could not find a suitable answer for my hair colour). TIA!

Lissa

^^ Thanks. I was looking at those two, and also Brun which I was just reading reviews of. It's impossible to decide! I can't get in to Mac just yet so might just have to wait (don't like walking round with weird coloured brows though
smiles.gif

Doowop

I don't know about specific brands or colours, but a general tip that I see floating around is that if you have dark hair, brow colours should be 2 shades lighter, and if you have light hair, it should be 2 shades darker. I think this rule is not always good though, I have black hair and if I go two shades lighter it is weird..

Luceuk

I have very dark brown hair almost black and espresso is too light for me. Once applied it has a lighter effect on me.

I've found instead of using a e/s Rimmels eyebrow pencil in black is really good. It's the best match for my hair colour.

Lissa

Thanks girls. Luceuk - I will definitely check out that pencil from Rimmel, thanks!

Stephy171

i have very black hair and i use MAC Brun e/s its very nicee!! just go to a counter and try em out...it also is nice cuz i double that and sometimes use it as a crease color

mizuki~

I hear Brun is a good e/s for dark haired girls but I personally have never tried it. I have black hair and I used to use the leftover blacktrack on my brush from lining my eyes but that sometimes looked too harsh since it was straight up black. Now I use Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo in Medium Ash and it is perfect
greengrin.gif

Lissa

Thanks again everyone, it is really helpful to have lots of recommendations and points of view. Tish, your brows look really good on you (and beautiful makeup too btw, the purple looks amazing with your eye colour).

Brun is looking like a good option here. I must try to get in to Mac to try it out

cetati

I'm Asian with black hair and I fill with a brown pencil by Estee Lauder about 1 or 2 shades lighter, and I also tint with a super light brow set by MAC (Girl Boy, I believe, or Boy Girl, whichever). I know it sounds weird but when my brows are that much lighter, it really opens up my face.

makeupNdesign

I vote for Mystery and Brun. For brow pencils, I swear by Lingering--it's so versatile and I can use it on a variety of brow types from blonde to brunette depending on how much I apply.

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I have black hair and I used to use the leftover blacktrack on my brush from lining my eyes but that sometimes looked too harsh since it was straight up black.

I used to do this too, and when a MAC MA asked me what I normally use on my brows because she was trying to sell me a pencil, her face was almost scared when I told her it was left over black track haha

banjobama

My hair is kind of a light brown but my eyebrows are also naturally very dark brown and almost black. I use a Wet'n Wild $.99 eyeliner pencil in Mink Brown to fill them in. Personally I don't know why people say to go a shade lighter or darker, shouldn't your "fake" eyebrow be the same color as your "real" eyebrow? Anyway I use that and it works fine for me.

Le-Saboteur

I have very dark brown hair and use Showstopper e/s. Looks pretty good on me, and my eyebrows are naturally black.

kaexbabey

thanks for this thread! i've noticed espresso is a bit too light for me now too so i was wondering what e/s to get..

the bare escentuals brow powder sucks..lasting power sucks and when i took pics with flash the powder would sort of look like it was faded..

Latest posts