Brow pencil color recommendation....

HustleRose

i did a search and did not see a thread that matched my particular dilemma...

i just dyed my hair jet black a few days ago (i'm naturally a dark brunette) and i feel that the brown eyeliner pencil i'm using no longer looks right with the black hair. my brows are really dark, almost brown-black but i'm afraid that if i use a black brow pencil it will look groucho marx-like.

my brows are very sparse and they need to be filled in. i prefer using a pencil rather then shadow or brow mascara.

what do you guys think? should i stick with the dark brown or should i go black? also do you guys have any pencil recommendations?

thanks in advance!!

gildedangel

MAC makes a brow pencil that is black-brown, it sounds like it would be perfect for you, the color is called Stud. HTH!

thewinglessbird

I would only tease the eye brows with a cool dark brown. I always find Clinique to do very dark cool shades - I bought an eyebrow pencil for blondes, but that almost showed up as black!

LaGoddess

i love maybelline's brow pencils. i use the one's that come in a twin pack. i always go back to them, even after trying mac shadow/pencil to fill them.

i would get dark ash brown if i were u. black will be harsh most likely.

gigiopolis

I wouldn't suggest using black unless your brows are very dense to begin with, since it could look very harsh. Try using an ashy, cool, dark brown (i.e. dark taupe).