Brown eyeshadow recs for Asian eyes

honeyjr

I'm a newbie to eyeshadow. I have dark brown eyes and have managed to work with green, blue, purple, but I have so much trouble using brown shades. My eyes just end up looking muddy. I have a medium complexion
hmm.gif
which gets paler during fall/winter months. Is it just me or are there certain skin tones that can't wear dark browns? :confused: Any colour recs and tips/techniques for contouring eyes with brown eyeshadow would be most welcome. I am clueless at this.

P.S. I have Woodwinked & Patina in my palette so any recs wherein I could implement them would be great.

tropical_smiles

Hi Sweetie!!

Alright, here is some chinese asian girl help! For my brown eyes and to get the brown eye shadow look these are the products that I use:

UDPP for my base
By Jupiter e/s and i wash it all over my eyelids and outer eye
Satin taupe e/s- I put it right over my eyelid
Chocolate Brown Pigment- inner to mid corner of eye
Mulch e/s- mid eye
Tan/Gold Mode Pigment on outer corner of the eye
Magic Dust e/s/Vanilla Pigment as my highlighter.

after that it's all about your blending brush but since the colors are just shades apart, it makes the blending easier and avoids the muddy look. I really hope that helps!!

RoseMe

Hi,

I am another Chinese-Taiwanese-Asian-Girl
smiles.gif
. What I would suggest is that simply layer a gold- bronze- shade shimmer or shadow over any brown color e/s you have. Layer the shimmer to a level you are comfortable with. The golden shimmer will warm up your complexion instantly! Try to avoid matt brown e/s unless you have a shimmery highlight color to contrast the matt brown. Hope that helps!

honeyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMe
Hi,

I am another Chinese-Taiwanese-Asian-Girl
smiles.gif
. What I would suggest is that simply layer a gold- bronze- shade shimmer or shadow over any brown color e/s you have. Layer the shimmer to a level you are comfortable with. The golden shimmer will warm up your complexion instantly! Try to avoid matt brown e/s unless you have a shimmery highlight color to contrast the matt brown. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the recs ladies, it gives me an excuse to hit the Mac counter after work today lol
lol.gif

Beauty Mark

I prefer something warmer than cooler. I find that brown doesn't work one unless it's got warm undertones.

Tinkee-Belle

Antiqued is a nice warm toned dark brown. A cooler one would be tempting. I found warm browns look better on me as well. A good warmer toned brown combo would be woodwinked on lid, antiqued in crease and all that glitters on inner corners and highlight.

xoleaxo

i'm half asian and find that browns can easily look really muddy on me too..

in general, i usually do a lighter brown on the lid and use the darker browns in the crease. try espresso or embark in the crease with woodwinked or patina on the lid.

Mizz.Yasmine

some warm toned browns are

Mulch
Soba
Romp
Cork
Bronze
Saddle
Brown Down

I'm not Asian but I do have golden tan toned skin and I think brown alone can look muddy on me, applying a highlight to my innercorners and browbone helps that though! I like Nylon and All That Glitters for that
smiles.gif