Brown hair with highlights!!

juxt123

i want to get my hair highlighted!!i have dark brown hair...help my with ideas!show me pics!or give a url! thankss

eastsidesunset

I'll give you one suggestion- Don't do it. Haha. Honestly, I have very dark brown hair and every. single. time. it's been highlighted it has turned orange. After getting it fixed by my new stylist, she told me she doesn't think brunettes were meant for highlights as it can turn very brassy. I say start out slow and get a few highlights done (like around your face and a little in the crown) and slowly work up to more if you like it.

juxt123

that sux its not fair
ssad.gif
thanks

vica

if u dont have enough fundage every month to get a touch up on the whole head i would suggest getting a few panels to frame your face.. you can get away with roots for a few months and it wont be a big hassle to get to a salon every month just to touch up the highlights.. and when the panels start to fade, you can even tone it yourself... if your warm skinned like me, i would suggest lifting the hair up the orange/yellow stage and tone it with a level 6 gold.. i just touched up my panels the other day and used clairol radiance toner + clear shine in lvl 6 gold and the color was so beautiful.. (theres a pic example of my hair in my tutorial if u can find it)and if your skin is on the cooler side, you can get away with a lighter shade... or you can try panels, but two different shades of blonde , thatll be pretty too.. hth

juxt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by vica
if u dont have enough fundage every month to get a touch up on the whole head i would suggest getting a few panels to frame your face.. you can get away with roots for a few months and it wont be a big hassle to get to a salon every month just to touch up the highlights.. and when the panels start to fade, you can even tone it yourself... if your warm skinned like me, i would suggest lifting the hair up the orange/yellow stage and tone it with a level 6 gold.. i just touched up my panels the other day and used clairol radiance toner + clear shine in lvl 6 gold and the color was so beautiful.. (theres a pic example of my hair in my tutorial if u can find it)and if your skin is on the cooler side, you can get away with a lighter shade... or you can try panels, but two different shades of blonde , thatll be pretty too.. hth

im warmer skin toned too and yea that helped thanks
smiles.gif

xsnowwhite

my hair is pretty well black and i got highlights that were 2-3 shades lighter than my color, so basically light-medium brown and they looked cute!