Brush 188 - Small Skunk

ruqayya33

Has anybody here used this brush before? What do you use it for? How do you like it? Is it wort the $$$? Is it better, the same or not as good as it's "big sister" the 187?

Sophia84

I love it, I use it for blushes and MSFs, I can control the application, and it's perfect for apples. I don't have the 187 to compare it, but I'm planning to buy it, even tho 187 is more big and I'm not so sure if you can control the blush application, I'm buying it for fndt

frocher

It is better for control in small areas like highlighting. I think the larger one is better for blushes it gives a more diffused look.

redambition

It's great for blush.

I don't use mine that often - I tend to trot it out when I'm doing a special makeup application rather than use it every day.

as_cute_as_pie

IMO its better than the 187 as you can concenrate it over a smaller area
like i would NEVER use the 187 for blush as its far too big
agree it is THE brush for blush i say
smiles.gif

calbear

I use my 187 for foundation and my 188 for blush, highlighting and contour. I have more control with the 188 for more precise application.

me_jelly

I love my 188 - I actually use it for foundation (and sometimes MSFs) as you can concentrate/focus on the area that you want to apply much better then the 187

coachkitten

The 188 brush is a slice of heaven in my opinion. It has much better control than the 187 and gives a wonderful flawless finish for blush and highlighters.
smiles.gif
The 187 is great for foundation to give a nice air brushed finish.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
I use my 187 for foundation and my 188 for blush, highlighting and contour. I have more control with the 188 for more precise application.

I totally agree, this is what I use mine for also. This is a great brush.

BlahWah

I like using the 188 for almost everything - blush, foundation, highlight. It really helps with applying foundation between the brows, around the nose, the temples and under the eyes. I use the 187 mainly for powders, e.g. msf natural, set powder because I don't have to be so precise. I use it for blush sometimes, after I've applied some with my 129, to diffuse it a bit. I mostly have sheertones, tho, so I'm not worried about a big splotch due to the larger brush coverage. =)

BunnyBunnyBunny

188 is perfect for liquid foundation. After prepping your skin with moisturizer, pour a small amount of any liquid foundation (preferably in a sterilized dish) and dip the 188 in. Apply the foundation onto your face, using circular motions to buff the skin into the skin. Reapply in the same fashion until you have your desired coverage. Finish with a light cover of any powder to set the makeup, using the 187. The 188 gives anyone a flawless, streakless, airbrushed face. I love it!!!

bebs

I love using my 188 for under my eyes and around my nose, its great because of its small size and its one of the few brushes that I pull out and use everyday.

if you are having to pick between buying this one and the 187 I would go with the 188, it might take a bit longer to put the founation on or something but you still have the small control areas that its great for!

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I love using my 188 for under my eyes and around my nose, its great because of its small size and its one of the few brushes that I pull out and use everyday.

if you are having to pick between buying this one and the 187 I would go with the 188, it might take a bit longer to put the founation on or something but you still have the small control areas that its great for!

I've been trying to decide whether to buy the 187 or the 188, first.
hmm.gif

From some of the posts here, it seem that the 188 is simply the better choice, overall. (I have soooooo many brushes already....)

Thanks people....
eyelove.gif

lil_kismet

Like others have stated, I find that the 188 is more versatile because of its smaller head. I find it works GREAT for liquid foundation. It has also become my favourite blush brush, and I like how it can be used for both powder and cream formulas. I also like applying highlighting powder with it. Its smaller head allows for more precision/control in your application, but I find you can still achieve a well-diffused/blended/airbrushed look with this brush.