brush-cleaning: for those of you using shampoo

cloverette

which shampoo do you use?

at the moment, i'm using shauma by schwarzkopf- and that's because i'm using it at the moment for my hair.

Raerae

prolly depends on if you want your brush to smell like the shampoo. Doubt color matters (unless it's a shampoo designed to add color), but it's possible it could dye the brush fiber's.

tracie

I use the target knock of johnson & johnson baby shampoo, and its always worked fine for me.

lightnlovly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Johnsons unscented, uncoloured baby shampoo.

Same for me
clap.gif
That made me feel like I am doing something right
cheerleader.gif

DaizyDeath

i use jhonson and jhonson baby shampoo 2

i like it beacuse its very gentle and i was noticeing that when i just used regular soap it was causing my expensive brushes to get split ends! so i was like ewwww i need to invest in some baby shampoo haha

beacuse the soap was stripping the brushes and leaving no oils in it which are beneficial to the fibres.

k_im

johnson's!

plain yellow kind.
i get the tiny travel sizes for 99 cents.
one lasts me weeeeks.

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Johnsons unscented, uncoloured baby shampoo.

Me too
smiles.gif

My fiancee is a hairdresser and he keeps trying to get me to condition the hairs occasionally with a baby conditioner. I dont think that would be a good idea though
hmm.gif

lara

I just wrote this at Vogue in respone to some of the, uh, more interesting ways people are washing their brushes:

Quote:
The reason why it's always suggested that you use baby shampoo is because it's very gentle and contains some conditioning ingredients that don't affect nylon/fibre optic bristles, whereas regular shampoos and face cleansers strip animal hair brushes of natrual oils and can lead to your brushes getting split ends and the frizzies. Using regular hair conditioner on them can make them really funky as it doesn't rinse out easily and can leave pore-clogging deposits on your skin afterwards.

Baby conditioner is a bit of a scam, anyway. Baby shampoo is conditioning by itself, all baby conditioner does is make a wet baby even more greasy and slippery.
lol.gif

mjalomo

I also use Target's baby shampoo brand, but I think the sample size Johnson's is a better idea. I'll probably never get through the giant bottle I have right now. Thanks for the hint!

BlahWah

I've used Mane & Tail, which I stopped using on myself after I highlighted my hair. I've had no problems with it at all, my brushes have remained nice and soft.

KJam

Gerber's Grins and Giggles lavendar baby wash (leaves my brushes smelling nice!)

bellaetoile

johnson's baby shampoo. the classic, amber colored one. it works great, and my brushes smell nice. i only shampoo them once or twice a week, and simply do a quick, paper-towel-and-brush-cleaner between applications to get rid of leftover color residue.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracie
I use the target knock of johnson & johnson baby shampoo, and its always worked fine for me.

Same here.