Brush for powder foundation?

onecactus

I just bought MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural in medium and plan to use it as a daily wear over my prep+prime.

What brush (MAC or other brands) would you recommend to use it with? I have the Quo blush brush which I think would work, but I'm not sure about using it both as a powder foundation and blush brush.

Thanks
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

When I used MSFN as my powder foundation, I absolutely LOVED the MAC 182. It's absolutely perfect.

Any kabuki would work though - but the 182 is sooooooooo soft <3

Jinni

I really like Smashbox #19 for this.

An more affordable alternative is the ELF Studio Powder Brush.

malika

Unless you want to clean your brush between every use, I suggest using a separate brush for blush and foundation. Just because you could end up with blus all over your face
smiles.gif

I usually use a kabuki for my MSFN, I like the body shop's kabuki for its softness, but not for its ability to pick up powder.

I sometimes do that routine, prep and prime face and then msfn on my lazy days, and I think it gives a beautiful finish to the skin. However, my eyes are very watery, esp in winter and when my eyes run down my cheek I'm left with a foundationless stripe. Not very pretty
smiles.gif

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
When I used MSFN as my powder foundation, I absolutely LOVED the MAC 182. It's absolutely perfect.

Any kabuki would work though - but the 182 is sooooooooo soft <3

Exactly what she said.
winks.gif

onecactus

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think I'll look into the 182.... (although I've been spending quite alot of money at MAC recently... I'm broke!)