Brush for Studio Fix Fluid?

Ada

What would be the best brush to use for this? I'm new to liquid foundation, but I got a sample of SFF yesterday and I'm really liking it so far. As long as it doesn't make me break out (cross your fingers) I'll probably buy some when my sample runs out. The MA said you could use your fingers or a sponge to apply-- but a brush would be best, correct? What are you girls using?

flowerhead

I bought it yesterday, but found it wasn't thick enough to be blendable with a brush, so clean hands work the best for me...

aziajs

I planned on using my 187 but haven't gotten around to it yet. I would like to know if anyone has.

sarahbeth564

I would say either the 187 or 190. I don't have it (yet!) but people are saying that those two work the best.

Piaqua

I am using my chanel foundation brush (pretty similar to the MAC 190). I agree with flowerhead though, it's pretty thin and kind of hard to blend with a brush. I'll keep playing around with it though, because once I get it blended right, I LOVE SFF
smiles.gif

ancilla

i also basically never use liquid foundation. but i got a sample too. i was planning on using those disposable wedge sponges to put it on. i'm not sure if that's the best way to go since i haven't tried it yet, but i thought i'd at least mention it.

Raerae

I use the 187...

Tiny tiny dab (less than a dime) on some dort of a dish (I use the top of a face cream cap to mix and the inside to wash my brush lol)

Remember less = more... Unless you like the "Hi i look like i'm wearing liquid foundation" look. This stuff goes a long way, and still gives great coverage. It's a lot easier to add more, than it is to take some off.

Once i've applid the foundation, i apply my blot powder, then a few spritz's of Fix to set, and I'm good all day as far as foundation goes.

Insert rest of your makeup routine here...

I keep a compact with the pressed blot powder in my makeup bag i carry with me, but I haven't needed to use it once since I started using Studio Fix.

This stuff is magic...

x music is love

my MA actually got me started with the 116 which is actually a blush brush but it works AWESOME with the studio fix fluid. And its great cause its a multi-tasker =)

serendipityii

I use the 190 and I really like it. I dab it in a little bit of water so that it's damp before applying SFF... it goes on a little more sheer. Then I use my 182 and buff it in so that I get rid of the streaks (if any) from my 190. Then I dust on some Select Sheer (pressed) with my 187.

so_siqqq

The best I found to apply SFF so far is by using a damp foundation brush (the one by Sephora) to apply the foundation onto my face and then blend/smooth it out by using a dry cosmetic sponge. Though I plan on buying the 187 this weekend (heck yes) and see if that works out.

macchicaboom

If you have access to a freestanding or pro store, the 109 is really good for blending liquid foundations. IMO, it's like a mini kabuki for your liquid and cream products.

jeanna

The 116 is amazing with SFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x music is love
my MA actually got me started with the 116 which is actually a blush brush but it works AWESOME with the studio fix fluid. And its great cause its a multi-tasker =)

I was JUST going to suggest this!!! I used this brush this morning and it's AMAZING! Even coverage and so easy to blend! One of the reasons I love this foundation is because for the coverage it gives, it feels weightless on (I don't even need to use concealer anymore!) and the 116 has given me the lightest-feeling application so far (vs. the 190, fingers or sponges). I dampen the brush slightly, by adding a bit of water in the palm my hand then swirling the brush in my wet palm. Then I spritz a little bit of Fix+ spray on it, swirl it in the foundation and blend away using small circular motions. I like to pour a small amount of the foundation into a small plastic dish and swirl the brush in there, picking up a little at a time and layering if additional coverage is needed. The result is flawless... almost airbrushed looking. YOU GUYS HAVE TO TRY THIS!

I haven't tried it with the 187 yet, since I only have one of these and I use it religiously for all my blushes, so I can't use it for both purposes during the same makeup application.

devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
I use the 187...

Tiny tiny dab (less than a dime) on some dort of a dish (I use the top of a face cream cap to mix and the inside to wash my brush lol)

Remember less = more... Unless you like the "Hi i look like i'm wearing liquid foundation" look. This stuff goes a long way, and still gives great coverage. It's a lot easier to add more, than it is to take some off.

Once i've applid the foundation, i apply my blot powder, then a few spritz's of Fix to set, and I'm good all day as far as foundation goes.

Insert rest of your makeup routine here...

I keep a compact with the pressed blot powder in my makeup bag i carry with me, but I haven't needed to use it once since I started using Studio Fix.

This stuff is magic...

yeah everything she said!

blueyedlady87

I love putting on foundation with the 190. Perfect, flawless coverage. And no brush strokes. I also mix my foundation w/ Oil Control Lotion to keep it matte, and thin it out.

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
I was JUST going to suggest this!!! I used this brush this morning and it's AMAZING! Even coverage and so easy to blend! One of the reasons I love this foundation is because for the coverage it gives, it feels weightless on (I don't even need to use concealer anymore!) and the 116 has given me the lightest-feeling application so far (vs. the 190, fingers or sponges). I dampen the brush slightly, by adding a bit of water in the palm my hand then swirling the brush in my wet palm. Then I spritz a little bit of Fix+ spray on it, swirl it in the foundation and blend away using small circular motions. I like to pour a small amount of the foundation into a small plastic dish and swirl the brush in there, picking up a little at a time and layering if additional coverage is needed. The result is flawless... almost airbrushed looking. YOU GUYS HAVE TO TRY THIS!

I haven't tried it with the 187 yet, since I only have one of these and I use it religiously for all my blushes, so I can't use it for both purposes during the same makeup application.

Now I have to get this famous 116!

Pushpa

i just got it and was playing around i use the 190 and then a wedge sponge to buff it and leave me looking flawless and then i dusted over studiofix overtop and wow it was amazing and it took no longer than 2 minutes