Brush guards?

bijan

I have some!! When I started with my first brush set (which wasn't as good as my MAC brushes of course), I would wash my brushes with regular dish soap and olive oil and slide them into brush guards and then into a cup so they can drain the water without it getting inside and then loosening up the hairs.... When I finally got MAC brushes I bought actual brush cleaner and the people at MAC just recommended to just lay them on their side to dry... I like brush guards though, BUT I've never used them on angle brushes... they do come in difference sizes so you might be able to get a bigger one to better accompany angled brushes...

I read a few blogs that talk about them, but i take really good care of my brushes and i also use brush cleaner so i'm not too worried just wondering if they were worth it! Thank you for giving me so much insight on it
heart2.gif

Trigger

I have not purchased any of these myself but I have read reviews and blogs about them. Actually on Birchbox website they carried some and they were actually sold out. Far as how the work on angled brushes , I don't see why they should disrupt the shape of the hairs.

Pinkdollface

They are fine for angled brushes. I use them with angled brushes and they keep their shape very well. If you feel like some of your brushes splay out too much then I would say the brush guards can be very useful. I like them best for blending brushes and face brushes. I want my brushes to stay almost as small as they were when I first got them and they were not washed yet. I always find that brushes get much bigger after their first wash and the brush guards bring them back to the shape I like.

They are fine for angled brushes. I use them with angled brushes and they keep their shape very well. If you feel like some of your brushes splay out too much then I would say the brush guards can be very useful. I like them best for blending brushes and face brushes. I want my brushes to stay almost as small as they were when I first got them and they were not washed yet. I always find that brushes get much bigger after their first wash and the brush guards bring them back to the shape I like.
I finally picked some up can't wait to try them out

fur4elise

I have used brush guards for a few years now! They are great! Especially for larger blush, bronzer & powder brushes. I also use them to protect my brushes for transport. Lastly they are a good way to keep track of what you have cleaned. I leave the guard on until the next time the brush is used.

You can get them on Amazon as well.

Peace!