Brush handle problem

Summer

Hi

I just bought a brand new brush at a MAC counter at Macy's. After having the brush for literally a couple weeks, the entire "mac and the number of the brush" silver print came off. No silver left! Plus, when I look really closely it looks like the handle has a very thin but small hairline crack near where the imprint of the name. Will they take the brush back? I am not sure I want to exchange it for another one. Maybe it came from a bad batch? I understand if I had it a long time, but I had it for just a short period. I still have the receipt and packaging and I think there is a 30 day return policy and it's not 30 days yet.

I am just a little disappointed.

bebs

I dont really think its a big deal, the writing will wear off its normal or so it seems, if the handle broke then yes by all means return it or it is starting to break.. but if its just the paint.. or the wearing of it.. well then why? its just going to happen again, almost all of mine are like that now.

me_jelly

The writing (silver print) rubbing off is normal, so don't worry - how fast it rubs off depends on how/where you hold the brush and how your hand moves while using the brush (i.e. how much friction between your fingers and the brush).

If your not satisfied with the crack, however, take it back to MAC.

princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
the entire "mac and the number of the brush" silver print came off. No silver left!

It will wear off eventually, happened to most of us. Some recommended using clear nail polish to go over it.

As for that hairline crack, I think it will be better to play safe and return it in case it becomes a bigger problem later on.
smiles.gif

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
No silver left! Plus, when I look really closely it looks like the handle has a very thin but small hairline crack near where the imprint of the name.

I've had one of my brushes break once I was crying, I called the store I got it at they told me to come in, about maybe a year or two after I had bought it and they just gave me a brand new one and took the old one off my hands and they said they were really really sorry it happened, mac stands by their products and tools if they ever break it seems no matter how long you've had them they will give you a new one

and well.. its kinda seems like your just not liking it anymore?

user79

If it's just the writing that's rubbing off I wouldn't return it as all the MAC brushes I own do that eventually. If it's a noticeable crack though that's damaging the brush handle integrity, I would exchange it.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
The writing (silver print) rubbing off is normal, so don't worry - how fast it rubs off depends on how/where you hold the brush and how your hand moves while using the brush (i.e. how much friction between your fingers and the brush).

If your not satisfied with the crack, however, take it back to MAC.

werd.gif
Killer rhyme... LOL

jennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I've had one of my brushes break once I was crying, I called the store I got it at they told me to come in, about maybe a year or two after I had bought it and they just gave me a brand new one and took the old one off my hands and they said they were really really sorry it happened, mac stands by their products and tools if they ever break it seems no matter how long you've had them they will give you a new one

sorry, u took it in after a year or two u had it?
thats random

anyways, i hold my brushses like i hold a pencil so my writing comes off within first 5 uses

blueyesdancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs

I have not heard this! We definitely wouldn't do this! For many reasons...but what if someone bought a bunch of used up ones on ebay and tried to get new ones instead??
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Plus what incentive is this for anyone to take care of their brushes? That is crazy.

bellaetoile

my 190 handle cracked in half the other day, after i'd had it for a few months, and used it almost daily. i didn't have the receipt or the purchase sticker (it was from a nordies counter), and they exchanged it, no questions asked, because it clearly looked like it was defective. i'm not sure all counters do this, but i know mac does care about customer satisfaction, and the MA said that normally, they give you the contact information for mac's customer service, and have you send back the brush to the company, instead of just replacing it.

if the crack in the handle is visible, i'd recommend taking it back, because, as i found out, they can break at inconvenient times. when mine cracked, i was supposed to do a shoot the next night. even if it's a tiny crack, it could easily get bigger, even with simple, everyday use. however, i don't think the numbering wearing off warrents an exchange. the letters wear off of every mac brushes, often very quickly. clear nail polish, or a finishing lacquer from a craft store are two easy ways to prevent that from happening.

Latest posts