Brush Roll

Gisselle

is it me or my eyes, but has the brush roll changed, because the one on the site looks different than the one i have?

Marcita

I haven't seen the new one but there's one for sale now on ebay. I don't know if it's the original or not.

amy_forster

The one with gems on was from a LE set called the 'pret-a-porter' set I believe.

The brush roll has been re-designed from the 'patent leather' look one to one which now fits in with the 'wool-effect' range of the bags.

TBH, I'm glad I got one of the original ones as from what I've seen & heard, the new one is not a patch on it!!!

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_forster

The brush roll has been re-designed from the 'patent leather' look one to one which now fits in with the 'wool-effect' range of the bags.

TBH, I'm glad I got one of the original ones as from what I've seen & heard, the new one is not a patch on it!!!

There are pros and cons to both brush rolls.

The older one seems larger, but the outside scratches easily. (I had the Matt Murphy carryall and it scratched terribly.) And it's not really a roll, it's more of a clutch.

The new one, from the Classic's collection is kind of small, doesn't hold that many brushes, and the construction and material of the pockets is crappy. I ripped the seam on a pocket the first time I put my brushes in. I also don't care for the velcro closure, though does adjust to the fullness of the brush roll.

On the plus side, it actually rolls up, I like the material better, less prone to damage. With my Pro Discount it was a good deal, but if I had to pay full price, I'd be less than satisfied.