Brush Sets on eBay? (Need opinons on one, plus *lots* of pretty pictures to enjoy :D)

VeganChick

I found a store on eBay that sells what look like fantastic brush sets for quite cheap (the price of 2 or 3 normal brushes). However, since I'm so incompetent at eBay buying, I need your help determining if these are ok brushes and which one is the best deal. (The only bad review on the brushes is the person who thought they were MAC brushes, which they aren't. Sadly.)

I think this one is my favorite, since it comes with 34 different brushes in all shapes and sizes (everything I'd need but a Kabuki brush?) and a beautiful case. Should I believe her about the cruelty-free part? (A little over $40)
m3414.jpg

m3414a.jpg

These others are nice too and thought I'd share.
greengrin.gif

m2310b.jpg

m2310.jpg

m2425b.jpg

m2425.jpg

m2426a.jpg

m2426c.jpg

m21x1a.jpg

m21x1c.jpg

m16099.jpg

m16099c.jpg

m1811.jpg

m1201b.jpg

m1201a.jpg

m1539a.jpg

m1539.jpg

And these brushes I like too:
m0140a.jpg

m0146.jpg

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganChick
Should I believe her about the cruelty-free part? (A little over $40)

No, I think it's cruel for anyone to sell fake Gucci
winks.gif

Before you opt for an eBay brush set it may be worth your while checking out what's available from Crown Brush and seeing if they have something which suits your needs. They are a reputable company and exhibit at major professional makeup trade shows such as IMATS. It's better to go for fewer high quality brushes than a load of inferior ones.

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
No, I think it's cruel for anyone to sell fake Gucci
winks.gif

Before you opt for an eBay brush set it may be worth your while checking out what's available from Crown Brush and seeing if they have something which suits your needs. They are a reputable company and exhibit at major professional makeup trade shows such as IMATS. It's better to go for fewer high quality brushes than a load of inferior ones.

i agree because to be fair

i have about 16 brushes

and as im not a makeup artist i dont get regular use of them all

i only use foundation... cheek... powder brush's for the face

socket brush... base brush.. eyeliner... regular fluff brush for eyes

then just a lip brush

so thats about 8 brushes in all....

you'd be better off holding off for the xmas brush sets.

they have a good selection and quite cheap if you cant afford fuller size brushes.

also dont go for the fake gucci brush set... what message is that sending out when there brushes come in a fake gucci brush holder?

ultimately its up to you tho
smiles.gif

VeganChick

Haha, at 7 am with no sleep making that post, I honestly didn't notice that the case was gucci. And totally fake at that.

I'll think about buying from CrownBrush, they have really cheap brushes! And they're good quality?

But actually, I've realized that I'm not amazingly picky about quality, at least not at this point in my life. As long as the brushes are as good as the Studio Basics sets I used to by at Kmart, then I think I'll be happy. Mostly, I like to feel like an artist painting when I put on makeup (something I haven't done in years) and I like to use a variety of different brushes to fit the different shapes on my face. Yes, I'm a little odd. If only I had the hand-eye coordination to be a painter...

And I'd definitely not use the fake gucci case. Ick.

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
i agree because to be fair

i have about 16 brushes

and as im not a makeup artist i dont get regular use of them all

i only use foundation... cheek... powder brush's for the face

socket brush... base brush.. eyeliner... regular fluff brush for eyes

then just a lip brush

so thats about 8 brushes in all....

you'd be better off holding off for the xmas brush sets.

they have a good selection and quite cheap if you cant afford fuller size brushes.

also dont go for the fake gucci brush set... what message is that sending out when there brushes come in a fake gucci brush holder?

ultimately its up to you tho
smiles.gif

I agree!! I've had cheap brushes and you can totally tell the difference when using a higher quality brush. I got my first brush set which was like a Christmas set but it was a different time of the year and it was super cheap. I've added on by purchasing brushes that I've needed since then but it doesn't hurt your pockets as much to start with a short handle, special set. And for the most part, the set has everything that you need....minus the foundation brush.

VeganChick

Thanks for the help! I'm planning on ordering a few other things on eBay, so instead of running over my budget, I think I'm going to buy art brushes at a local store instead. (I was going to purchase them online, since I could get a better selection, but I can't find much information on the sizing...I might try again later with that.) For some reason, art brushes tend to be higher quality at cheaper prices than makeup brushes, and you can find many of the same shapes. So, if all goes well on that shopping trip, the only brushes I'll really need to buy are a brow groomer, mascara brush and Kabuki brush in order to have a complete set. I don't really use powder or blush brushes much, so I don't really have a need for those.

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I'm planning on ordering a few other things on eBay, so instead of running over my budget, I think I'm going to buy art brushes at a local store instead. (I was going to purchase them online, since I could get a better selection, but I can't find much information on the sizing...I might try again later with that.) For some reason, art brushes tend to be higher quality at cheaper prices than makeup brushes, and you can find many of the same shapes. So, if all goes well on that shopping trip, the only brushes I'll really need to buy are a brow groomer, mascara brush and Kabuki brush in order to have a complete set. I don't really use powder or blush brushes much, so I don't really have a need for those.

Blush is a must!!! I love, love, love blush. You need a blush brush so that you can wear blush

VeganChick

^ Oh absolutely, I love blush. But cream blush looks so much better on my skin, so I don't need a brush. When I get a job this fall, the two things on the top of my looong makeup wishlist are Stila's rouge and smudge pots. Then the deluxe UD shadows, mac shadows, better foundation/concealer...the list is huuge! You can never have too much makeup.
greengrin.gif

BinkysBaby

Quote:
^ Oh absolutely, I love blush. But cream blush looks so much better on my skin, so I don't need a brush. When I get a job this fall, the two things on the top of my looong makeup wishlist are Stila's rouge and smudge pots. Then the deluxe UD shadows, mac shadows, better foundation/concealer...the list is huuge! You can never have too much makeup.
greengrin.gif

I've never tried cream blush.

VeganChick

^ I love cream blush. I can get a much more natural look with it than I could with any powder blush. Plus I have combination skin that gets pretty oily in the summer and really dry in the winter, and it always looks good. My favorite right now is Maybelline's dream mousse blush in whipped strawberries. It's purdy.
greengrin.gif
And I think it would go well with like, anyone's skintone.

dollbabybex

just to let you know

a blusher brush can be used to apply cream blusher

looks fabulous and you can really contour with it..

give it go
smiles.gif