Brush storage idea from EnKore

gigglegirl

Hey guys,

Two storage solution posts in one week!
smiles.gif
It's a good week!! Okay anyways this isn't my original idea, I saw it from EnKore on youtube (you can find it by searching EnKore brush storage--edit: the idea was Sephora inspired).

You use dried flower vase filler (to me its like little plastic type seeds--found it at Michaels and it's called Colorfill vase filler) and pour the bag into the container of your choice--as evidenced by the picture attached below, I decided to use a more rectangular glass vase than an acrylic jar--doesn't matter, whatever suits! Also the coloured marbles were right beside the vases so I picked up some rocking red ones and put them in the bottom--I don't like how they sit but I'm liking the splash of colour!

Find inspiration and thank you EnKore for the AWESOME idea!!

gigglegirl

Ah yes I believe EnKore says its Sephora inspired. I love it! Unfortunately I've never been to a Sephora....ahhh I hope to one day!

newagetomatoz

Wow!! I just did almost the exact same thing for my bun sticks! Except I used a candle holder instead! If I never get around to makeing my brush roll, I may borrow this idea!

aziajs

I love this idea. I just can't find the colorfill, which is the small white beads that he uses in the vase. I don't have any craft stores in my area.

mustardgirl

I love this brush holder
smiles.gif
I made one myself thanks to Enkore too lol. I read though that someone had issues with the flowerfill stuff scratching their brushes?
th_dunno.gif
I haven't had that problem but I don't own any MAC brushes at the moment - but you could always just substitute round beads of some kind I guess (or seed beads of some kind) for the flower fill stuff.

laguayaca

enkore rocks my socks! I did one also but instead I use the round glass vases and tied a ribbon and made a bow, its pink my fav maybe I can post a pic later on

kyoto

I did this too, and my brushes got little impressions on the handles from the colorfill.

user79

I saw another youtube video where a person used rice instead of the fill stuff he uses inside the vase. Worked just as well!

macedout

just saw video on utube and went to michaels craft store and bought container & colorfill for $8 (tax included)! how awesome
yahoo.gif
the colorfill holds the brushes upright, just so, and cradles them to show them off-its very functional!

those w/no craft stores in sight, try www.michaels.com or ACMoore.com-Arts and Crafts, or a local florist...

littleinkpot

Can somebody who has had one of these brush holders for a while tell me if they damage the brushes after a lot of use?

Also do any Aussies know where we can buy this stuff or order it online (who will ship to Oz). I've searched for four or so months with NO luck!
ssad.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleinkpot
Can somebody who has had one of these brush holders for a while tell me if they damage the brushes after a lot of use?

Also do any Aussies know where we can buy this stuff or order it online (who will ship to Oz). I've searched for four or so months with NO luck!
ssad.gif

I've been using mine for a little over 6 months now and I haven't noticed any damage. Not only are the beads really small, but they are displaced each time you insert the brush. So, in theory very little, if any damage, should take place anyway.

And I believe, MissChevious stated in an earlier post that you could use rice instead of the colorfil beads. I don't see why that wouldn't work just as well. And I can guarantee you that it will be cheaper than those $6 beads. I have two containers at home and wish I would have thought of rice!

Latest posts