Brush to use with wet pigments?

Cleopatruh

I just swatched MAC Blue Green wet on my hand, and it was so pretty and shimmery! I tried it on my lid with my 275 brush and there was a LOT of fallout, plus I wasn't sure how to dampen the brush evenly without soaking it so that the shadow came out even on my lid.
I'm thinking a sponge applicator (with the pointed tip) would do the trick but I dont really ever use sponges because of hygiene.
What kind of brush (MAC number would be appreciated) should I use for wet shadow? Any tips for good application, especially on more intense pigments? :]

Susanne

I second the 242
yes.gif

nunu

239 or the 242! You need a stiff brush to pack on the colour and these 2 brushes do the job because they are quite stiff.

jrjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
239 or the 242! You need a stiff brush to pack on the colour and these 2 brushes do the job because they are quite stiff.

this! exactly any stiff brush to pack on the color
yes.gif

vintageroses

^^ OMG i know this is out of point but i didn't know you are on specktra hun!
smiles.gif
i always read your bloggg! Just followed you on twitter & subbed to you on youtube!
greengrin.gif

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
^^ OMG i know this is out of point but i didn't know you are on specktra hun!
smiles.gif
i always read your bloggg! Just followed you on twitter & subbed to you on youtube!
greengrin.gif

bigheart.gif
thank you love!!!! i appreciate your support
greengrin.gif
th_DANCE.gif

VAQTPIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu

iagree.gif

erine1881

both of these brushes are great for using pigments dry or wet.

i definately recommend using fix+ to wet your brush. pour a little bit of pigment out on a tissue (as to not contaminate the entire bottle). use a couple spritzes of fix+ (it drys with a bit of tack to keep the pigment stuck to the lid. it also works with glitter too!), then dip it into the pigment. you can also lightly spritz your lid and apply the dry pigment to it. it works either way.

martiangurll

Another hint, although it isn't a MAC product, Fyriannae Epoxy Pixie Primer helps those piggies stay put. I have heard spraying a little Fix on your brush after you pack on the piggie powder also helps. I have tried the Pixie primer and it does minimize fall out. Fix is reported to help also.

HTH

FiestyFemme

Even though I rarely use pigments wet, the 242 is my choice if I do. I find it minimizes fallout from all eyeshadows really.

Cleopatruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
*moving to MAC Chat*

Oops! Sorry.

Thanks so much guys; I need to check if I have a 242. Or 239 if I don't have the first one.
I have been hearing that I should spray a primer that's good with pigments to minimize fallout for pigments and MES so I'll definitely try that too. :]

martiangurll

thanks for the recs folks, I don't have any MAC brushes, but I have a SB stiff eyeliner brush and used it over the weekend to put on some piggies--worked like a charm and really helped the glitter bits stand out more.

tong.gif