brushes and paints

ben

i just purchased my first paint and i am not sure how i should apply it. i tried using my finger but i was not able to get a nice thin layer. what brush should i use to apply paint to the eyelid?

*i did a search for this topic but came up empty handed, sorry if it's a clone*

heenx0x0

I use the 242 shader brush and it works great. Here's the MAC description:
For powder, concealer or emollient-based product application. This brush has firm fibers carefully shaped to form a rounded edge for a smooth, even finish.
HTH!

MAC_Pixie04

my make up artist uses 249. i dont have a 249 but i've been using my 242, its a bit stiff but it gets the job done.

i used to use my extra 239 but since the bristles are so light and soft, the paints stained it
ssad.gif

mspixieears

I do use #242 but more so the #228 as I have the teensiest eyelids (well, tiny everything!). But that is for more detailed work. #242 does apply a nice thin layer of paint on the lid however.

lovemichelle

i bought my first paint recently too and I tried to use my fingers and brushes and I just hate paints. I wont be buying anymore.

MAC_Pixie04

oh yeah a concealer brush is good too. i have a sonia kashuk one from target and it's awesome for CCBs, Paints, Blending shadesticks around and applying paint.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
i just purchased my first paint and i am not sure how i should apply it. i tried using my finger but i was not able to get a nice thin layer. what brush should i use to apply paint to the eyelid?

*i did a search for this topic but came up empty handed, sorry if it's a clone*

you could use the 228 (mini shader brush), which looks like this:

M877_128.jpg

but idk if you want to spend $18.50 on such a dinky brush. i just apply paints with my ring finger, using a tiny amount. if you squeeze the tube too hard (and you gotta be careful, because you need to squeeze GENTLY) the product will pour out and then you end up wasting it. all you need is a tiny bit of paint, then i just rub it into my eyelids. you could use a q-tip for this, too.

but rememer, it's only your base, so it doesn't have to be perfect. ^_^

Latest posts