brushes! black vs. silver

eowyn797

okay WOW. Stila brushes! why didn't anyone tell me??

i just picked up the #2 (black handle) and it's AWESOME.

what is the difference between the black and silver ones besides the length of the handle?

what are everyone's favorite brushes from this line? and which MAC brushes does Stila have an equivalent to? i have never seen a MAC brush like the #2, which i just adore and can't figure out how i lived without before...

thanks!

sweetmelissa

Yes, I love almost all of Stila's brushes but since I haven't tried that many I don't have anything to compare them to and therefore I don't strongly advocate them.

The ones I love and use all the time - #5 shadow, #7 crease, #4 liner, #9 blender. There is a double sided brush which is a liner brush on one end and a smudge brush on the other-LOVE this brush! You can line very fine with it. I also like the flat head blush brushes-there is a single on and a double sided one as well. I believe they are designed for buffing foundation on but I use them for blush sometimes.

Good luck with your brush search!

july

How is brush number 5 in silver ?
Wich brush do you recommend me for blending?

Thanks

ms_bloom

This is old, but the #5 in the silver is not as nice as the #5 in the black. I have both the silver and the one from the travel set, which is my favourite. The silver-handled one is stiffer and not as soft (although the #5 is a slightly stiffer brush).