Brushes- too good to be true?

caffn8me

Yes, too good to be true. Any seller with this combination of eight brushes in a set is likely to be selling fakes. In this case they are definitely fake.

franimal

is there anything i should do about that, like report it to ebay? i dont know why this person would sell fakes especially because they have almost perfect feedback.

caffn8me

You could contact eBay using their counterfeit goods reporting form here but I guarantee that eBay will do absolutely nothing about it. It's extremely frustrating. Give me a few days and I'll see if I can get something done about it via other means.

The trouble with these particular brushes is that buyers are not particularly likely to realise they are counterfeit as they are quite accurate copies and even if they do then one or two negative feedback reports will do little to reduce the seller's high feedback rating as they have so many positive sales. How many times does the average eBay user actually read negative feedback ratings when the seller has a 99.8%?

depecher

I have a question. These look soo real. How do they fake these? I know that the wrapper is off but they look sooo legit. They did a nice job faking the brushes. I guess pictures can be photoshopped.

I mean no harm by my question. I just want to be more aware. I was going to tell someone about that auction! Yikes. I am glad I didn't.

caffn8me

A lot of cosmetics brushes are made in China. It's not difficult for someone who is unscrupulous to take some genuine M·A·C brushes to one of these factories and have them copied. I've already located a Chinese cosmetics factory offering to make M·A·C products like eye shadows and advertising the fact openly. There is little inderstanding of the concept of intellectual property and the prospect of selling brushes for much more than their normal products is quite attractive.

thatcamgirl

I don't know about the rest, but i know that the concealer brush has different bristles, because i have one myself and they look nothing like that color.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
is there anything i should do about that, like report it to ebay? i dont know why this person would sell fakes especially because they have almost perfect feedback.

i just got that set, and yessum, its super fake alright

Latest posts