Burberry Beauty

anyabeaute

Late to the party, but glad they didn't sell out quick! I got a back up of the Nude Gold, which is my favorite, and then both new colors. I got White and Nude Gold the first time they came out. I'm so glad these are back, they are my favorite next to the Dior Glowing Gardens ones!

Dear, how do the Dior Glowing Gardens/Illuminators compare to these Burberry (finish/texture/etc)? Are they all baked gelee? I'm from Asia and both brands are only available via International order (blind purchase) and I'm still undecided :confused:

peanut

Please post if a different brush made a difference for you. I also thought the Rose Gold was too shimmery. Thanks!

The first brush I used was the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate brush simply because it was handy and clean (it's not exactly my favorite brush). I bought both Rose Gold and Pink Pearl, and it was Rose Gold I tried using the TF brush. Such a pretty color! This morning I used the Surratt h/l brush for Rose Gold and the Chikuhodo h/l brush for Pink Pearl. These brushes are pretty similar in shape. Compared with the TF brush, the Surratt and Chikuhodo are nice and fluffy. Unfortunately, I still found Rose Gold too shimmery for me. So I tried Pink Pearl and, indeed, it doesn't appear to be quite as shimmery as Rose Gold (Winthrop, you were right!). Still, I knew I'd rarely wear either of them so they've been packaged up to send back along with the cute GWP I really wanted :(. I did, however, keep the new Burberry Golden Brown cream e/s, which is kind of a satin texture. It had been on the Burberry site for quite a while but hadn't shown in the stores until recently. I really liked this one!!

Have you been able to make Rose Gold work?

boschicka

The first brush I used was the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate brush simply because it was handy and clean (it's not exactly my favorite brush). I bought both Rose Gold and Pink Pearl, and it was Rose Gold I tried using the TF brush. Such a pretty color! This morning I used the Surratt h/l brush for Rose Gold and the Chikuhodo h/l brush for Pink Pearl. These brushes are pretty similar in shape. Compared with the TF brush, the Surratt and Chikuhodo are nice and fluffy. Unfortunately, I still found Rose Gold too shimmery for me. So I tried Pink Pearl and, indeed, it doesn't appear to be quite as shimmery as Rose Gold (Winthrop, you were right!). Still, I knew I'd rarely wear either of them so they've been packaged up to send back along with the cute GWP I really wanted :(. I did, however, keep the new Burberry Golden Brown cream e/s, which is kind of a satin texture. It had been on the Burberry site for quite a while but hadn't shown in the stores until recently. I really liked this one!!

Do you own the previous two shades (nude and white)? Just wondering how you think they compare to the two new shades if you do.

switchblade

I thought the Nude shade was a bit too shimmery for my tastes as well, but I don't have the new ones to compare it with. Interested to find out as well!

Lile

Thank you for sharing. The rose gold is too shimmery on me although I love the color. So I've tried it on my eye lids and can make that work. Expensive eye shadow, I know ??????. I like that golden brown eye cream e/s, too.

Lile

Do you own the previous two shades (nude and white)? Just wondering how you think they compare to the two new shades if you do.

I don't have the current white and nude shades but like the original ones. From what I can tell, they seem more subtle than the current ones.

boschicka

I thought the Nude shade was a bit too shimmery for my tastes as well, but I don't have the new ones to compare it with. Interested to find out as well!

I have all four, so I was just curious to hear peanut's opinion on the matter, but I'm glad to see everyone weighing in and getting lots of opinions!

Latest posts