Burgundy

lovemichelle

My hair is naturally black and it lightened a little from the summer sun so I decieded to use a burgundy red color. I got Clairols Hydrience in the color Tropic. My hair just looks darker. No real burgundy color. I think I should have used 2 boxes because my hair is long and very thick. I might get the Herbal Essences color in Plush Plum instead. I'm gonna grab 2 more boxes and mix the together and see what happens. If it doesn't work it's back to black.

so_siqqq

Since your hair is dark and the dye is lighter than your current hair color the dye will just add a hint/sheen of color. I think you should try lightening it to get the dye's true color. I really think though you should go to a salon to get this done because you may damage your hair. I think one bleach job should do it to get the color other than that more than two will make your hair really damaged.

jasper17

I agree with the previous poster - it sounds like something that would work better in a salon.

lovemichelle

I have my cosmo license. I worked in salons for a long time. I didn't want an extreme color change, but there just isn't even a tint.

Shawna

Weird, cause my hair is naturally deep dark brown, and when I put red or burgandy in it, it shows up. Not just a hint either. You can see a colour change, but not dramatic. Maybe your hair just didn't take with the Clairol stuff. I know mine won't take certain brands either.

Dreamergirl3

Hmm its funny, because when I lightened my naturally espresso-dk brown hair I specifically wanted NO brass/redness at all...and I almost got what I wanted! Anyway, I use Clairol Textures & Tones even though its marketed toward "women of color." I read the instructions and box over and over and it didnt say anything on using it on non-ethnic hair so I did...and I loved the result. They have a bunch of cool colors and some nice burgundy red ones. I used Light Golden Brown. Anyway here are some links, and I got mine for 3.99 or 4.99 (cant remember!) at Target. HTH!
http://www.thecreativestudio.com/mai...olor/tt_family

lovemichelle

Well my hair isn't just a dark brown it's a jet black. I can see a little tint today, but I've done this before and had better results.

Latest posts