Burn Peeling & Makeup

cyan

If anyone could point me to a thread that talks about this, please do!

I got a sunburn a couple of days ago. It's not actively peeling and not red, however when I try to put on foundation (both mineral and liquid) I see skin flakes that are obvious (to me, at least)!

Does anyone have any tips that'll minimize this? This is extremely weird ...
th_dunno.gif

Strawberrymold

In my opinion the best thing to do makeup wise when you have a sunburn that is to leave it be. It sucks yes, but trying to fuss with it often makes it worse and more red and irratated. I would lather up with some chilled pure aloe gel and perhaps even a cucumber mask and let nature do it's work.

If you must apply something I would stick to a tinted moisturizer.

cyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrymold
In my opinion the best thing to do makeup wise when you have a sunburn that is to leave it be. It sucks yes, but trying to fuss with it often makes it worse and more red and irratated. I would lather up with some chilled pure aloe gel and perhaps even a cucumber mask and let nature do it's work.

If you must apply something I would stick to a tinted moisturizer.

That's the thing! You can't visibly see any sunburn. It's just until I start putting stuff on that it flakes off dead skin.

I understood that putting stuff on burns slowed down the process in general, but since skin wasn't broken I thought it'd be different.
weeping.gif

thewinglessbird

Cyan, do you apply a primer beforehand?

If you can, gently exfoliate the dead skin, massage the infected area with your facial cream & then apply a primer. Light strokes of mineral foundation.