Business card question

liquidstar

Is there a way to make a business card online so I can print out and use before I order some? I want to apply for the MAC pro card, and I plan on using my Esthetician license and a copy of my business card for freelance makeup. Any tips on what I should put on there? Would I get rejected if I sent in a copy of one that I made online for free?

MisStarrlight

I designed my own (yay photoshop!) and then got them printed at Staples.

I did my first cards on Vista print, but you just have to be careful not to choose a stereotypical "makeup" image-everyone uses them-without knowing it, there were 3 people where I work with the exact same ones.

pixichik77

LOL, ya a friend of mine was just looking at Vista Print, and finally decided to design her own. She couldn't stomach the idea of applying somewhere (she's on her way to Broadway) and having the same card as 3 other applicants.

NaturalSister19

I did mine @ www.overnightprints.com. The quality is superb and so was the price. $54 (including shipping) for 500 two-sided color glossy cards on 15lb card stock. Here is the proof:

NewCardOvernightPrints.jpg

CantAffordMAC

well, I'm interested in doing the same thing. I work in a hair salon, and I guess I could get some made for that, but would MAC accept a card for someone who does hair?? (technically i'm not even a stylist yet...)

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
well, I'm interested in doing the same thing. I work in a hair salon, and I guess I could get some made for that, but would MAC accept a card for someone who does hair?? (technically i'm not even a stylist yet...)

Are you talking about for applying for the MAC Pro card??

CitoxeArtist

Vistaprint has awesome quality if you pay for the glossy heavy-stock ones.....its only like 20 bucks more.....totally worth it!

TIERAsta

with both vistaprint and overnight prints there is the option of uploading images into their design tool - so they're both easy/cheap options and can also provide something unique!

Latest posts