Buying MAC Brushes

yc2405

Has anyone bought genuine MAC brushes on ebay?

Or can anyone give the names of sellers who actually have real brushes???

Thanks
smiles.gif

ilurvemakeup

I don't know about you, but I'd avoid buying any MAC products from eBay. I made the mistake of taking the chance a few months ago and purchased a fake MAC #239 brush. The seller was a power seller with many positive feedbacks. Once I received my brush, the bristles were so rough, it shed like crazy and it had crazy glitter all over the handles. It also had a foul smell. The seller would not give me a refund, but I filed a Paypal complaint and got my money back *whew* You are better off getting them from a MAC counter/store/online. Ebay has the biggest MAC scammer sellers. It's very rare to find a legit eBay MAC seller. GL though.

cuteymcpretty

i sometimes sell mac brushes on ebay.. im an actual mac make up artist and get tons, as presents or whatnot. but yeah i wouldnt buy them from there.. i did years ago and maaaaaaaan its a mission getting a refund etc

its very rare to get authentic brushes on ebay

athena123

There's a counterfeit topic right here on Specktra. Browse the threads related to ebay sellers to locate the good sellers from the bad. I was going to order from ebay but realized the fakes are too good and I don't know them well enough to detect the real from the fakes on ebay so opted to buy some from our swap thread instead. Or, locate a COO to get new MAC brushes at less than retail. They'll be genuine but the selection isn't nearly as broad as what you'll find at a MAC counter.

Good luck!

erinmosh

my advice to you: do not buy mac on ebay. i went ebay crazy for a bit, and i feel that i may have some fake pigments on my hands. my mother also bid on a "mac brush set" for me, for a christmas gift, but upon further investigation realized they were fake. please, stay away from ebay!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I would recomened you buying them from a Mac store or Mac online, even though you will be paying more you will know that your brushes are real.

princess

The only foolproof way to make sure that your brushes are real, is to get them direct from MAC online or from the MAC counter or store. Ebay has too many fakes, and also there may be a matter of misrepresentation, like using a picture of a real brush, but sending you a fake one.
th_dunno.gif

sweetangelkiss

I agree, since I joined specktra the girls here have educated me on everything I could possibly know about counterfeit MAC - I didn't even know counterfeit makeup existed! what is the world coming to??!- and I avoid doing any sort of online searching for MAC on ebay. The only time I will search is when I'm in a foul mood and report fake sellers. (I dont know if ebay is actually doing anything about it though) I want them GONE!!!

In saying this about a year ago I bought a MAC brush on ebay and it was FAKE! I searched for it on maccosmetics.com, google and here and got no results. The number printed on it was 399. How stupid was I?!?! Save yourself the heartache and just be proud when you can get your MAC brushes from MAC. To me it's the most amazing feeling ever
smiles.gif
I dont know why but it is. If you can't afford MAC then get reputable just as good cheaper brushes. Dont buy it just because it has the fake MAC stamp.

I don't know how people can live with themselves and go to sleep at night because I could not lie blatantly about something and then steal's someone's money. It makes me SOOOO mad!!! Then there are people who know no different and buy these products
ssad.gif

Paramnesia

I agree with everybody else, buy them directly from MAC especially if you're in the US. The brush prices are cheap compared to many other countries.
I personally get people I know from the US and Canada to send me many MAC produces, even with shipping its still much cheaper.

LuvinMyMAC

I've purchased authentic brushes off of ebay and have gotten great success (knock on wood). I did get burned on a $10 brush which was refunded to me though. So far I've gotten 4 authentic brushes and only buy from 2 sellers. I have to agree with others, fake brushes are far more common than the real. But when in doubt, always purchase from MAC. I happily bought a 228 today from the MAC counter!!

1QTPie

Don't forget ladies that if you have an Off the 5th (Saks outlet) near you, the Cosmetics Company Store sells MAC at a discount including brushes. You can use your procard there too.
yes.gif

bell21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie
Don't forget ladies that if you have an Off the 5th (Saks outlet) near you, the Cosmetics Company Store sells MAC at a discount including brushes. You can use your procard there too.
yes.gif

I go past a Off the 5th everyday on my way to and from work and had no idea the CCS was in there (I've never gone in there). I know where I'm going on Monday after work
winks.gif