Bye Bye childhood...

val-x

Last week I cleaned my room and found some very old stuff that was just taking room that I needed, it wasn't a barbie doll but a night light that looked like a teddy bear from when I was a baby and it didn't work any more something was wrong with the plug, and a bag with more bags from store with my first MAC purchase. I asked my father if I could give it to the Value Village it's like Salvation Army, and it was hard to digest letting it go with all those memories. Just wanted to get that off off my chest.

val-x

It felt like I was letting go of my childhood and "women hood" since I'm turning 17 on Aug. 1

User93

Im sorry i have no idea about Value Village, i guess thats cause i live at the other side of the world, but anyways, hugs for you! Letting the childhood go is tough sometimes, i was like that aswell at 16-17. Maybe you can keep this things until you feel you can let them go without feeling sad about it? I used to keep all my greeting cards and notes i recieved in my teenage years, but a week ago i found it, threw everything away and put my bodycremes in the box.. Cause i didnt feel bad about throwing it away at all. Just take your time, and know there is nothing wrong woth those feelings and everyone goes through it! Eventually MAC will take over the teddubears and barbies. Thats a proven fact
smiles.gif
Hugs to you.

iluffyew769769

Happy birthday. I know it is hard to let go of that stuff, but in the long run, getting rid of 'stuff' doesn't get rid of those memories.

SparklingWaves

If there are things from childhood that you really don't want to part with, don't do it. Internally, always take the part of you that looks at things as if for the first time.

Those that become bitter have buried the child part of them. They are just too adult for me.
winks.gif

You can always be playful. Yep, you can be an adult and be a child at heart too. You can have your memories and go forward.

You can be an adult when you need to and still draw pictures on the side walk with chalk or blow bubbles into the breeze of a sunny day. You never really have to do anything, but be you.

val-x

Thank you
smiles.gif
, I felt a little bit better the day after because it's with kids that need a cute night light. oh and thanks for the happy birthday wishes
greengrin.gif

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Maybe your physical childhood is gone, but you can always stay young at heart.

troof. everyone's gotta let go of the possessions, as long as you keep the memories, you'll be alright.
smiles.gif