BYOB- Bring your own brushes? HELP! Open Call interview.

marissa

So I just got a call from the counter I applied for an open call interview, She mentioned that I need to bring my brush set and that is the only concern I have - I only have 2 fullsize MAC brushes, 4 T&T brushes and about 12/13 SE size brushes from holiday sets.

I know I should call about this concern and I plan on mentioning it when I call back, but any advice?

Also! Is this basically the first two interviews mashed into one? The times they gave me are 4 hours and I know that just the application part should only take you 30-45 minutes.

martygreene

Sounds like an open call for freelance and on-call work.

You bring a model, and your own tools (they needn't be MAC). They provide a limited selection of products, go over sanitation methods, tell you the look they want, and then give you 30 minutes to create said look.

They then call out the names of those accepted, and the folk who didn't make the cut leave. They then continue the interview process there.

marissa

Ah, I see! Yeah I did mention to hear that I would be interested in that if thats the only thing available, so that is probably right.

By tools though, what do you mean? Anything else besides brushes?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissa
Ah, I see! Yeah I did mention to hear that I would be interested in that if thats the only thing available, so that is probably right.

By tools though, what do you mean? Anything else besides brushes?

By tools I mean brushes, sharpeners (as they usually don't have enough to go around at these events), lash curler w/pads, that sort of thing. They supply disposable mascara wands, lipgloss wands, and cotton buds. They will also supply sample containers to put product into to work from, though if you have a stainless steel makeup palette I suggest bringing that, as the sample containers are a bit small, and they usually have too few.