Cabaret Red Eyeshadow ???

Pimptress

In the November 13th issue of Time Magazine there's an article on "Dark Beauty" and how Dita Von Teese is the new face of MAC and there's also a picture of an eyeshadow that's either part of Nocturnelle or suppsed to come out soon....

It's called "Cabaret Red" and it's RED.

There's also a lipstick listed called "Jungle Berry" I haven't heard of that one either, it's really dark red/purple... very gothic looking.

Lemme see if I can get a good picture of the article.

macarticle.jpg

Anyone know anything about this or is this the first we've heard????

prinzessin784

This is the first I've heard of it! I know if it's true it will make a lot of people happy who've been searching for that elusive red shadow!

dirtygirl

i LOVE reds!!! This would be like, so awesome, methinks.

it would definitely make me bend my "no new make-up until we sell the house" rule!!!

lara

Those are the working names of the Nocturnelle colours. No new products, I'm afraid.

maxcat

It's Passionate eyeshadow. Sometimes magazines get the working names and fact checkers are supposed to follow up. I can report Passionate is really bloody red, though. And it's permanent for MAC stores. The lipstick is Deep Attraction.

ledonatella

Working names are the names used when they develop the color but it's not ready to be sold yet. They send them out to magazines or to some MA's, dept. store buying offices, etc. when they are just testing the colors, the "Official" name hasen't been determined yet. Most likely they end up with a collection as is, but on rare occassions they rework the formula or scrap the color all together. All brands I am aware of do this, not just MAC.

Pimptress

I've seen like a zillion FOTD's with passionate and it just looks like dark pink to me! I dunno! The color in that picture (which is probably off because magazines aren't perfect) looks like really blood red

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
I've seen like a zillion FOTD's with passionate and it just looks like dark pink to me! I dunno! The color in that picture (which is probably off because magazines aren't perfect) looks like really blood red

believe me its bright pink - not red as my MA kept telling me, I did keep telling her it was pink
rofl.gif
but looks FAB with deep attraction l/s

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
It's Passionate eyeshadow. Sometimes magazines get the working names and fact checkers are supposed to follow up. I can report Passionate is really bloody red, though. And it's permanent for MAC stores. The lipstick is Deep Attraction.

Passionate is just dark pink on me unfortunately
ssad.gif

glittergoddess27

Yep Passionant is not really a true red,.. (To satisfy this craving I had to get Trucco's Ruby Slipper and Ben Nye in Soleil Red) But if you layer it over a really yellow base like Corn SS it looks more red but no where near that ad pic.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
Cabaret red is the working name for the one that came out with Nocturnelle.

yup. i thought as much!

MAC_Whore

You'll notice on the MAC site that when you click on the shadow the colour description that pops up actually describes it as "Cabaret Red".

Not so much, MAC. More like "red tee shirt that has been washed too many times" red.

maxcat

It's red...
The issue is if you sheer red out at all, you get pink.
That's why the only true red products are those that are opaque. Lipstick, fluid liner, etc etc.
If you really deck it on someone who is pale you can get a red "vampire whore" look... but unless the person in question is an NW15 and unless it's packed on it will go pink.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovalotz
aww what a downer!
I'm still looking for a vibrant red.
=(

Check out Ben NYE or Kryolan for eyesafe true red eyeshadows. They'll blend off pink like every other red e/s, but you're more likely to get a true red out of these when you pack it on. The only downside is that because the pigments are so strong, you're more likely to get a bit of residual staining than what you are with a consumer-market eyeshadow.

Latest posts