cakey look by end of the day..

luhly4

okay, so.. basically for my face stuff i moisturize, put on MAC select cover-up concealer, and then bare minerals foundation.

before i left my house, my face looked fine as far as my blemishes being covered.. but today when i got home i looked pretty much cakey. i'm not sure how to describe this. almost as if the concealer had moved around, there were spots not covered [noticable], not smooth looking/streaky, and it just kind of looked like it had risen above my BM foundation and patches of concealer in places i apply it to.

i'm not positive what the problem could be or how i could solve it?
i'm thinking either:
A)too much concealer, but im positive i didn't leave streaks and patches when i left.
B)i didn't freshen up my face throughout the day. to even out my concealer [blend it out, making it not noticable] i apply the bare minerals.

also, wondering if FIX+ would some how prevent this?

thanks for reading and replying IA.

InspiredBlue

From the top of my head:
Maybe the two products just don't mix. You could try a mineral concealer.
Also, do you use a finishing powder? I usually fresh mine up in the afternoon if I have a longish day. It keeps my face looking fresh.

MizzVivaGlam

It was probaly just too much concealer (as long as it hasn't expired). Next time try patting a smaller amount on until it melts right into your skin, and then apply your foundation.

luhly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I often have this problem too, Blot powder doesn't seem to help but Select Sheer does make it look a bit better.

I think my face sweats more than most peoples so most foundation (SFF and mineral foundation are the worst for me in this respect) separates from my skin by the end of the day and I look cakey.

I imagine that some might recommend wearing primer but maybe you don't want another step in your routine..?

I myself have yet to find a solution but I wish I could recommend something, I know how annoying it is...

yeah, same. i'll definatly let you know if something works for me.
it looked incredibly bad today.. when i looked at the mirror i was thinking "i HOPE no one seen me like this" ugh. i also do think the reason is because of the humidity and sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVivaGlam
It was probaly just too much concealer (as long as it hasn't expired). Next time try patting a smaller amount on until it melts right into your skin, and then apply your foundation.

true. that sucks considering i have quite a bit red spots on my face that are a pain to cover up. and i find that if i wait until it melts/adheres it starts to look cakey by itself. maybe it's the concealer that's not agreeing with my skin
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
From the top of my head:
Maybe the two products just don't mix. You could try a mineral concealer.
Also, do you use a finishing powder? I usually fresh mine up in the afternoon if I have a longish day. It keeps my face looking fresh.

i'll also have to try that. may i ask what concealer/foundation you use?

Temptasia

This would be the order I apply makeup to make it last better throughout the day:

1. Moisturizer. Let it really sink in and even wipe off excess.
2. Apply Bareminerals foundation all over...lightly covering blemished areas.
3. Conceal where needed with concealer.
4. Set concealer with loose, invisible powder with a sponge or puff...and then lightly powder the rest of face with a brush.

I really like MUFE Super Mat Loose powder. Does not look cakey at all.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by luhly4
i'll also have to try that. may i ask what concealer/foundation you use?

I use BE foundation, Everyday minerals intensive concealer and Everyday minerals Finishing Dust. But a kaolin powder might be better for you as a last step, if you have oilier skin.

Just like me, you probably realized right away that the stuff the Bare Minerals people tell you about putting on extra foundation as concealer is BS. But an actual mineral concealer on the other hand - that totally works for me.
smiles.gif

Latest posts