California Dreamin l/s - Real or Fake?

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
I heard this is real and was only sold in California. I believe I saw a review for this lipstick on makeupalley.com

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s.../MAC/Lipstick.

lol I think I was unclear. I know that this was a l/s that was made, I'm just questioning the authenticity of this particular item. Is it likely that this person got their hands on more than 10 of them and is selling them for $20 apiece?

TISH1124

I personally doubt that it is fake at this point...But I could be wrong...It looks just like my originals....Even if it was fake there is really no way you could tell from that particular photo...But the color is correct.

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I personally doubt that it is fake at this point...But I could be wrong...It looks just like my originals....Even if it was fake there is really no way you could tell from that particular photo...But the color is correct.

Thanks! What was really throwing me off was the quantity. I mean really... what's the likelihood of having that many?! I'm going to message before I buy to make sure that if I have any issues with authenticity I can return.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0_fam0us
Thanks! What was really throwing me off was the quantity. I mean really... what's the likelihood of having that many?! I'm going to message before I buy to make sure that if I have any issues with authenticity I can return.
smiles.gif

Yep ask her to let you see the bottom label and the top of the box .. People in Cali could print that free coupon and go in as many times as they wanted actually .....My mother in law got 3 for me...

However that is a lot...depening on how many more than 10 they have ????

s0_fam0us

Quote:
People in Cali could print that free coupon and go in as many times as they wanted actually .....

I'm not jealous.
angry.gif

s0_fam0us

So this is the answer I received...

Dear xhackersdreamx,

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes this item is good. I actually purchased it at a retail store here that is kind of a funny store. They get lost freight, overstocks etc and actually they had these MAC. I think they just got them after MAC ran the promo on this item but they are good I looked at them carefully and all is well and I always use my actual pictures of the item. I have gotten MAC from this place before and it is always good. I have never sold a counterfeit item and if you check my feedback you will see that it is near perfect. Anyway, given all that if there is a problem you can return it but I think you will find it good. If you need anything else please let me know.

Weren't these marked NOT FOR RESALE ?

:/

I think I'm going to buy it anyway... if it's fake, she'll just get it back.
ssad.gif

TISH1124

yes they are...but that never stops people from selling stuff. I mean a chain like Walmart wouldn't but a lil Ma and Pa store...Not sure that MAC would have sent them to this outlet though...Lost freight perhaps....

TISH1124

At least you can return it if need be...But can I add...It is highly overrated IMO...Nothing special about it at all.

s0_fam0us

"lost" freight... lol

At least the seller took the time to write out that response. If I feel it's laced with cyanide or something, I'll just send it back.
smiles.gif

Thanks Tishhhhh! I just really like the color... it's not so much the l/e or HTF aspect of it... Or maybe it is, a little.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0_fam0us
"lost" freight... lol

At least the seller took the time to write out that response. If I feel it's laced with cyanide or something, I'll just send it back.
smiles.gif

Thanks Tishhhhh! I just really like the color... it's not so much the l/e or HTF aspect of it... Or maybe it is, a little.
smiles.gif

Well if it's laced with cyanide...you might want to have someone else send it back on your behalf you will probably be a lil
thud.gif
down and out
lol.gif

s0_fam0us

Quote:
Well if it's laced with cyanide...you might want to have someone else send it back on your behalf you will probably be a lil
thud.gif
down and out
lol.gif

I nominate you! You'll be the only one who knows what happened! If some investigators from CT show up at your door wanting to ask you some questions, you can just be like "I TOLD her that lipstick was nothing special!!!"
lol.gif

I like this color too... Can someone recommend a color similar to this so i can order online? what is the texture of this as well? matte?

mizuki~

The sellers story seems kinda fishy..and IMO, Cali Dreamin' is not that special and I hear a lot of people saying Angel, Snob, & Ahoy There! (LE) are all pretty close dupes of Cali Dreamin'. You can always do an "ISO" on here or the mac_cosmetics community on livejournal to see if you can find a better price since I'm sure that eBay seller is not going to run out anytime soon.
And just to let you know, everytime I buy MAC from eBay, I ask the seller if the item is 100% guaranteed authentic MAC or my money back..just in case
greengrin.gif
Usually the people selling fakes will not lie and say it's authentic.

3773519: California Dreamin' is a Lustre

bebs

I was able to get a few of them when it was out, however they did take down my name and address so one person should have only been able to pick up one of them.

I got my mom to pick up the other for me.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I was able to get a few of them when it was out, however they did take down my name and address so one person should have only been able to pick up one of them.

I got my mom to pick up the other for me.

You could only get 1 per store is my understanding My MIL personally picked up 3 from 3 different locations for me

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
I heard this is real and was only sold in California. I believe I saw a review for this lipstick on makeupalley.com

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s.../MAC/Lipstick.

It is real, though it was never for sale. It was a promotional item offered only to those in CA who had received redeemable postcards in the mail or had printed off coupons from maccosmetics.com

It was jumped on and sold for crazy prices initially, up to $130US on ebay, but since people were able to get more than one its price dropped dramatically.

It SHOULD be labelled*NOT FOR SALE* on the bottom. If it doesnt have that label I would be doubtful as to its authenticity.

It was a lustre as Tish already mentioned, and like her I agree - the colour isnt outrageous - its another baby pink like so many others MAC makes.

s0_fam0us

Okay, so I wanted to follow up just in case anyone had considered buying from this seller as well (I'd hate for someone to be put off from buying from her just because I originally questioned it).

I got my l/s today (shipping was slowwww, but I'm blaming the holidays) and it is exactly as she described - it's authentic as far as I can tell. I'm happy.
smiles.gif

And I actually am in love with this l/s, for the record. I may buy another to keep at work if I come across one a little cheaper (I ended up paying $21 after shipping).

Thanks to everyone who gave their 2 cents in this thread! You Specktra girls are AWESOME
smiles.gif