Calling All Artists Help Pleaseeeee with Basic Catwalk Make Up for Men

bubbas454

Hi

As part of my course I have to apply makeup to a man with stubble and I am really finding it hard as I have never applied make up to a man and as this is a home course I have no one around to help me.

Is it a case of just concealing and using foundation?. Do I need to contour?

I am sooooo confused so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

GreekChick

To hide stubble, apply an extremely fuchsia blush to the hair before applying foundation. What this will do is counteract the darkness and blue-ish tinge of the hairs, so that when you apply foundation on top, there is not gray shadow on the chin area.
I like using Dollymix for this. You can contour slightly right after, but be careful, men are naturally very contoured and bony, especially in the jawline. I would stay away from this area and focus on creating a more healthy look with a really subtle blush (Pinch'O Peach, Tenderling, etc).
You can also use some brown mascara to make the eyes pop more a bit of concealer just to camouflage any discoloration.

pixichik77

Drag queen makeup sites/blogs have the best advice for covering stubble; if you indeed want it to dissappear.

However, for catwalk, how much makeup will you really want to put on him? some stubble may not be a bad thing (maybe?) any covering you do will need more foundation over it. You still want him to look like a man. I discourage mascara straight up; try coating a small brush with gel liner or mascara and apply it that way instead of with the spoolie if he needs a bump on the lashes. I prefer a tawny bronzer to blushes. Sheer coverage under eyes if needed. a non shiny lip balm.