Calling Mac brush experts...r/o

Tabitha

Below Pics:

Authentic Older Mac brushes-larger font with mid-handle placement.

New #208 brush purchased @ Mac counter from Macy's. It does have a slight shimmer on the handle. There has been talk that the brushes with glimmer on the handles are fake, but that's not so unless I was sold a fake one at the counter. Notice it doesn't have a crimp at the bottom of the ferrule either.

My brush collection consists of some with plain, black satiny handles, some with glimmer on the handles, some with crimps on the ferrules and some without. Origins of the brushes are either Japan, France or USA and as far as I know they're all authentic.

I hope this helps someone, but bottom line...if ever in doubt call or check out your local Mac counter.

acidtongue

To me, they all look real. From your 1st pic, I have all of those brushes except for the 1st & 4th ones. I'm not familiar with the ones in the bottom two pics though.

I have several older brushes and the style & placement of the lettering look identical to mine.

I also saw you comment on MUA about the shimmmer particles in the handles. I have a lot of new and old style brushes and every single one them have it. It's very subtle but it's there. I know none of mine are fakes because every single one of them came directly from mac.

Tabitha

I forgot to mention that the last 2 brushes I purchased at the Mac counter had glimmer flecks on the handle. I had read somewhere that if the handles had shimmer they were fake, but that's not so unless the counter sold me fakes. What should I be looking for?

Tabitha

Acidtongue thanks for your help. I'm no expert, but it seems like everyone wants to scream fake...esp. in regards to the older Mac brushes with the larger font and placement. Basically, I just want to know if anything really stands out that can verify any of them as a fake before listing on ebay. Hopefully none of them are, but that's why I'm asking.

acidtongue

You're welcome
smiles.gif

Perhaps take the brushes you bought on ebay or swapped for with you to a counter and see if they can verify the authenticity? I wouldn't really worry about the ones that came from mac directly.