Can any German peeps help me???

thelove4tequila

A fews weeks ago I went to Frankfurt and had this AMAZING dish. It was sooo good I wish I knew what it was called so I can get it again! It was mushrooms in some kind of sauce and basically what us Americans would call country potatos. (Right Americans? LOL. I haven't been in the States for almost a year now so tell me if I'm wrong with that one. LOL I feels like I have forgotten alot).

I got it at the Saturday flea market. Any help?

P9016608.jpg

And I thought this was pretty cool.

P9016605.jpg

Gosh I love Germany.

MAC_Whore

I miss those artery-clogging German classics! I would kill for a schweinsteak from down the market. Good Lord. Don't even get me started on my deep and profound love for Nutella crepes!

Where are you at in Germany?

thelove4tequila

^^^ Nutella crepes?!?! Girl don't get me started! LOVE those!!! I recently discovered there is also a white style Nutella and a swirly one. Is this avaliable in the States? I'm stationed in Belgium but I go to Germany quite a bit.

Schmetterling

tequila: i think it was "bratkartoffeln mit champignons".

the potatoes were cut like some bigger chips and have been fried with onions. the mushrooms have been fried too and afterwards have been dipped with sauce hollandaise or something like that.

you can easily do this at home
smiles.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I miss those artery-clogging German classics! I would kill for a schweinsteak from down the market. Good Lord. Don't even get me started on my deep and profound love for Nutella crepes!

Where are you at in Germany?

ohh nutella crepes!! i loove them...

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
^^^ Nutella crepes?!?! Girl don't get me started! LOVE those!!! I recently discovered there is also a white style Nutella and a swirly one. Is this avaliable in the States? I'm stationed in Belgium but I go to Germany quite a bit.

you can buy nutella @ publix & WM

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
you can buy nutella @ publix & WM

I know the dark Nutella variety is avaliable in the States just wondering if the white and swirly one was there also. I've never heard of Publix.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmetterling
tequila: i think it was "bratkartoffeln mit champignons".

the potatoes were cut like some bigger chips and have been fried with onions. the mushrooms have been fried too and afterwards have been dipped with sauce hollandaise or something like that.

you can easily do this at home
smiles.gif

Thank you sooooo much!!!!!! The potatos definantly had been fried with onions. Yummmy!

andreacvbb

greetings from a german

hey girl....

i am from germany, but i live in spain now.
Mushrooms are fried in germany in butter with onions,salt and peper.
Thats sooo yummy....love it...
Most of times, the potatoes are fried also in butter with little bacon cubes...

hope i help u a little bit...

is
anyone.gif
hungry right now???? O YES, ME!!!!

Latest posts