Can i say... HIRED!

pinkmilk

YAY! I got hired as an on call/ freelancer! I also met a fellow Specktra-er! [im sorry i dont remember her name] She also got hired!

There were 6 girls doing it with me.

For my scenario: I had to pretend my best friend was a 40 year old lady who usually wore taupes and sandy neutrals. I had to apply colors on her that were still neutral but different from her normal look.

They gave us 5 minutes to pick our colors which was put in a dimly lit area of the room. I just grabbed whatever i could. Mostly neutral colors.

Through out the entired application, i was explaining to my friend how i put on each product. Boy i was sooooo nervous.

I ended up using:

Face:
Select SPF 15 Foundation in NC40.
Select Sheer Powder in N(something) 15 [way too light for my friend but i made it work]

Cheek:
Blushbaby

Eyes:
Vanilla [highlighter]
Charcoal Brown [base]
Swiss Chocolate [outer v]
Girlie [inner]

Lash:
Fibre Rich Lash Mascara

Liner:
Fluideline in Dipdown

Lips:
Subculture liner
Viva Glam V l/g
Viva Glam II l/s

i should have taken a picture.

Before time was up, the lady came and told me that my makeup was too light.
ssad.gif
I felt like i wasnt gonna get it. I had a gut feeling.

Time was up! Brushes down.

After 30 minutes had passed... The trainer came and examined all of our work.
I waited patiently for the lady to come and look at my finished work.

She told me that i had followed the scenario correctly [whew! The colors i used werent all that great... but i did love the lipstick i had used] BUT i just had to be a little more ballsy... meaning... use MORE color... i guess i just had a light hand because i was sooo nervous.

So i had passed the first part of the demo! YAY!

Then the verbal interview: One of the managers had asked me more questions of why i want to work for MAC, how I would meet sales goals, what i thought about communication, what i would bring to MAC, etc... we ended up talking about thailand... ahhaha so I got on her good side and made great conversation. She said i was very friendly, open, and had a good personality. We ended up talking for a long time too... so we really got to know each other a bit.

She said that I was hired and that we would fill out the paper work right away.

OMG!!! I did it! I'm a MAC MA! Whew... i can stop stressing now!

MACgirl

congrats sweetie! you deserve it! geesh specktra girls are oging to fill up mac counters and stores everyhwere! YAY!!

user4

congrats... thats great! i hear that getting the job is all about the personality and obviously u had it!!!

vloky

yea! *throws confetti in the air and releases 99 red balloons* what is the difference between a regular ma behind the counter and a free lance/on call? *confused*

pinkmilk

The MA that works behind the counter work full time/part time and have a goal to make by the end of the day.

On-call/Freelance you basically can set your own schedule and you get paid a little more. They call you in when they need you. You just dont get alot of the perks that regular MAs get.

galvanizer

Congratulations!!

I love reading these posts becaue they give me hope, lol! I get my *first* interview (group) tomorrow... I don't think I've stopped being nervous since they called me last week! (ack!!)

Enjoy your new job!!

Latest posts