Can someone help me organize this mess?

Boasorte

Ok here's my itty bitty collection, still fits in a traincase, but I'm tired of digging thru everything to find what I'm looking for, but IDK how to organize it on my little table, and I'm too poor/no space in mi cuarto to get a vanity.

Here's an overview pic : Believe it or not, there's about 32 brushes in there! IDK how I managed that

2h8a49k.jpg

23r4qk4.jpg

23i7yfk.jpg

last pic : there's MUCH more under all that
33ti8w3.jpg

And I just threw my palettes in a random drawer
2akb9ly.jpg

Me ajudar por favor?/Help me please?

malaviKat

I love challenges like this... (seriously!) :p

First... I have a few questions:

1) how many palettes do you have?
2) do you want to keep your palettes on the table?
3) what's in there that you want to keep on the table? everything? some things? most things?
4) do you have a budget for small containers?

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I love challenges like this... (seriously!) :p

First... I have a few questions:

1) how many palettes do you have?
2) do you want to keep your palettes on the table?
3) what's in there that you want to keep on the table? everything? some things? most things?
4) do you have a budget for small containers?

LOL
1. I have 3 palettes

2. I want to keep them on the table

3. I want to keep everything on the table, mostly my shadows, lippies, and foundation/concealer

4.Yes a budget, looking for cheap, cheap prices, like $30? How much can a container cost> Hehehe

malaviKat

^^ Okay well... to start I would suggest perhaps grabbing one of those plastic three-drawer organizers (Sterilite?) from some place like Walmart or the wooden ones from Ikea. That way you can have it sit on your table but things won't be all over the table... ya know?
smiles.gif
Should be about $10-$15 I think.

Next I recommend picking up 2 vases (glass if you want some aesthetic, plastic if you're cool with that) from a dollar store. One can be used for excess brushes (or you can sort your smaller eye brushes from your face brushes) and the other can be used for storing pencils etc.

Keep your liquids (Fix+, Foundation, eye makeup remover? etc.) out and upright, perhaps standing next to your brushes.

Finally decide what you'll put in each of the drawers. To make things easy you can separate them by parts of the face... so for example your eye shadows can go in the top drawer, lip and cheek stuff can go in the middle... etc. (i don't know exactly what you've got in there.. LOL)

Anyway if you're really anal retentive (which I am but I recognize normal people are not!) you can get plastic drawer organizers on the cheap from the dollar store which can help you subdivide your drawers.

If there's stuff you don't use regularly, I'd put it in your traincase and store it at your feet.

HTH!

malaviKat

^^ You may find that once you pull out your pencils and put them in a cup and stand up the things that can be organized outside, everything else will fit nicely in the traincase. (But I don't know for sure).

When I looked at traincases I knew they'd annoy me to no end... so I don't have one. But like I said... I'm anal retentive. :p

Kragey

I would second the recommendation of a plastic cup with vase beads to hold your brushes, and since you have a whole vanity, I highly recommend some stacking plastic containers for shadows and blushes. File organizers and letter holders usually work nicely for big palettes. There are plastic/acrylic nail polish holders on eBay that can hold 30+ items.

Boasorte

OMG thanks guys so much, I'm gonna look into the plastic thing, and I've been wanting to get a proper brush holder as well, now if I can only find a little teeny stool or chair!!
Malavikat- ur a gift from the cosmetics gods!!
And no im not too anal so im not SUPER organized like u r ( I wish I was though)

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
OMG thanks guys so much, I'm gonna look into the plastic thing, and I've been wanting to get a proper brush holder as well, now if I can only find a little teeny stool or chair!!
Malavikat- ur a gift from the cosmetics gods!!
And no im not too anal so im not SUPER organized like u r ( I wish I was though)

LOL don't wish to be like me. It's ridiculous and unnatural. (And it makes it difficult for people to live with me.) :p

Good luck in your quest!

bellaboomboom

I recently went into a "have to fix things" mood too. I did find that putting my eyeliner pencils into a cup works well, then they are separate from everything else. I also put all my makeup brushes into another cup. That helps a lot too. But I am using a traincase for everything else and it's not giving me enough room. I think I need to have some kind of stackable storage drawers.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
I recently went into a "have to fix things" mood too. I did find that putting my eyeliner pencils into a cup works well, then they are separate from everything else. I also put all my makeup brushes into another cup. That helps a lot too. But I am using a traincase for everything else and it's not giving me enough room. I think I need to have some kind of stackable storage drawers.

I currently use plastic stackable drawers for ALL of my make-up, excluding my small nail polish collection, and I have a silverware holder stuck in my pencil drawer. It definitely is NOT the best for everything--I really wish I had a vanity so I could store my brushes, pencils, and lipsticks better--but for skin stuff, eyeshadows, and pigments, it works great. I'll try to post a make-up collection video some time soon that shows it.

Latest posts