Can you guys help me choose the right foundation??

MsChrys79

Okay, today I went into the MAC store and asked about foundations, because they were really busy I asked if the MA could tell me the color she would suggest for me and she said NC50....before all of the other MA's suggested NW45 but it always looked too red when I mentioned that...she gave me a sample of studio fix fluid in NC50. so I came home and played with it but need an outside opinion to tell me what you think... is it the right color for me or what???? oh, yeah I'm going for a natural can't tell I'm really wearing foundation look....

sorry for looking a little crazy...LOL

here's the pic below:

GoldenGirl

Looks like you've got the right one.

I'd use a skunk brush to apply, just to get rid of the streakiness. That's the 187 by MAC or use the sephora stippling brush which is what I use.

Try to get to the store at a time when you don't think it will be too crowded so one of the MA's can help you find the right foundation... just so you can be totally sure NC50 is the right one for you...

TISH1124

The picture is really too small for me to tell..But it looks like it matches your neck perfectly..IMO you look more of a Warm shade than Cool so I am not sure if the NC would have worked..I agree you really need them to do a shade match for you..However I was unsuccessful with that attempt because once I was away from the florescent lights inside the store..The color they selected did not match my skin IRL sunlight at all.

But it looks good on you to me..How do you feel it matches IRL..

MsChrys79

Well because of the lighting in my bathroom I really can't tell because with other foundations I've put them on thinking they look ok but once I hit the door I was red like clay...NOT a good thing..LOL!! but I've learned to go out to the end of the driveway where sunlight is to test, since it was late last night when i did this i decided I'd ask you guys since you are the MAC Masters and I'm gonna try today and post a better pic one of me with no makeup (beware) and one with the NC50.

thanks so much for your input guys!

Beauty Mark

If that's you and your foundation, you look fine.

Sometimes, the best way is to ask someone who doesn't know anything about makeup to look at you in person. They'll probably be able to identify that something is off with your skin tone, even if they don't know what it is.

MsChrys79

that's a good idea! thanks for that...I am so mad that I didn't think of it...I'll ask my kids when they come home and get their brutal opinions...

MsChrys79

Ok guys here's my attepmt at showing you the way I look without makeup (beware lol) and what I look like with the NC50.... not all that great with the pics but could you guys also give me opinions of my eyeshadow application because I'm still new at this and wanted to make sure I was blending correctly...
also I think someone commented on streaks in my makeup I think you might have been referring to the discoloration. due to an issue I have with my skin my hairline and neck are discolored.

to make the pics bigger you have to click on them...

Thanks
yahoo.gif

TISH1124

I think it looks great!! I can really tell in the 2nd and 3rd shots! I think they matched you great