Can you help me ID these colors?

labellavita7

I received #1 and #3 as extras in a swap, I just want to figure out what they really are, I can't find anything else on what they *say* they are

The one on the left SAYS "MAC Green Olive"
The one in the middle is my MAC Golden Olive just for comparison
The one on the right just says "Midnight"

2v36c8h.jpg

SakurasamaLover

Swatches of these would be very helpful for identification.

Out of the blue I'd say MAYBE: 1 Antique Green/ Vintage Gold? 3: Big maybe: Azreal Blue.

But as I said swatch needed.

HTH

MACATTAK

#3 looks like Softwash Grey, however, I don't know why they would call it "Midnight" if it was a Mac pigment.

labellavita7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I agree, #1 and #3 don't look like MAC pigments to me; they may be from a different brand.

I don't think they are either, but she labeled them as MAC. I just wanted to try to press them but I wanted to make sure they were MAC before I tried with just alcohol

Any idea what brand they might possibly be then?

panda0410

I have to agree with everyone here and say that I'm not sure they are actually MAC pigments. I agree with MACATTAK that #3 does look like Softwash Grey (my first thought too!) but I'm not entirely convinced it is and I cant see why anyone would call it by another name. Methinks these are either a different brand or possible counterfeits - I have definitely seen a counterfeit *Green Olive* listed on US ebay previously.

LMD84

from memory i thought night light was darker than golden olive? i have both but can't check because my make is all packed and ready for the move
ssad.gif

panda0410

^^It is, unless Erin knows something we dont then I still think they could be counterfeit. The labelling isnt correct names and I know that Green Olive was a fake MAC pigment being peddled on ebay, I just cant see why anyone would randomly use the name of a known counterfeit pigment for an authentic pigment
shrugs.gif

xxManBeaterxx

IMG_2589.jpg

Vintage Gold - Antique Green - Night Light - Softwashed Grey

#1 & #3 i don't think they are mac pigments

#2 looks like golden olive
smiles.gif

Kirsty

If you swatch #3 "Midnight" and it kinda shines lilac, then it could be softwash gray. However looking at your pic, it doesnt show purpley reflects(/duochrome-yness), like the post 1 above me does.

Hope that made sense
smiles.gif