can you imagine.....

chaut_01

getting so pissed cause someone stole your parking spot?? i thought i never would...until sunday..went to the mall and it was packed like always since the grand opening of the new part of the mall. finally found a spot the guy took his sweet time getting out then when he finally did this car comes towards me and steals my spot!!! mind you i was signaling already way before!! she was going at least 50 mph in the garage for pete's sake! just to steal my spot! her kid and husband? was in the car okay?? way to go teaching your kid how to steal!! so ..she stole my spot ..i honked..then stepped on my gas pedal and left. i felt like i had no control when i did that cause i wanted to freaking cuss her out but i think someone was trying to tell me to just go before i do something i regret..i was tempted to go back and key her car okay? but i didnt cause karma will bite me. so i am hoping that karma will bite her back twice as hard!!
girl_devil.gif
*SIGH*...

NicksWifey

Don't worry about it. I've had that happen to me too before at a mall on Black Friday and I gave the bitch the finger and drove off. Some people have no manners and don't care about other people. I'm sure the parking spot stealing bitch will get hers, so don't worry about it
winks.gif

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaut_01
getting so pissed cause someone stole your parking spot?? i thought i never would...until sunday..went to the mall and it was packed like always since the grand opening of the new part of the mall. finally found a spot the guy took his sweet time getting out then when he finally did this car comes towards me and steals my spot!!! mind you i was signaling already way before!! she was going at least 50 mph in the garage for pete's sake! just to steal my spot! her kid and husband? was in the car okay?? way to go teaching your kid how to steal!! so ..she stole my spot ..i honked..then stepped on my gas pedal and left. i felt like i had no control when i did that cause i wanted to freaking cuss her out but i think someone was trying to tell me to just go before i do something i regret..i was tempted to go back and key her car okay? but i didnt cause karma will bite me. so i am hoping that karma will bite her back twice as hard!!
girl_devil.gif
*SIGH*...

Actually, it's not your spot, as it is a public parking garage, so therefore it wasn't stolen... but then again, the other driver was not "entitled" to it either. I bet this driver was thinking more about not spending more of her time driving around for a spot, than she was concerned about fairness. With the kid in the car, what he/she witnessed was his/her guardian's lack of courtesy for fellow patrons. And the fact that she drove at 50 mph to cut you off shows how much she is willing to compromise the safety of others in order to get what she wanted. She probably thought she was being pretty foxy by going after the spot like that.

I wouldn't worry so much about her integrity. If she lives her daily life like that, then it's probably already biting her in the ass. Life has an excellent way of doing that.

purrtykitty

I hate people like that. I'm a firm believer that people in cars are so much more rude than they would be in real life - it's like their cars are their own little world. When I go for a parking spot in a lot that's particularly full, I always try to pull up so that the other person can only back out the one way...so that I'm the only one that can get the spot. Then I wave thank you to the person pulling out.

That happened to my husband when he was in college. He'd "stalked" this student (ya know when you tail a person walking to their car) and was waiting for him to pull out and this bitch just swooped right in and took his spot. He yelled at the bitch from his car and she was like, "Whatever, I pulled in first." He ended up being late for his class because he had to wait for someone else to leave.

SkylarV217

That happened to my husband when he was in college. He'd "stalked" this student (ya know when you tail a person walking to their car) and was waiting for him to pull out and this bitch just swooped right in and took his spot.

I saw this today lol .... Our university took out like 3 parking lots and are tearing down and rebuilding a lot sooo things were tight b/4 and are terrible now b/c they brought in 1,800 students when they only had room for like 1,000.... so it took me 30 mins to drive 50 yards today and people were crazy.... I'm so lucky for a DH that will drive to school early and park in a prime spot for me then do the bike thing....

nunu

I would be soooo angry if that ever happened to me! Some people are so rude!!

chaut_01

thanks for everyone's comments i didnt think some people were like that either. the only thing that pissed me off about it was because she was smiling while taking that spot. ridiculous.

nelyanaphonexia

ugh. I don't like it when people do that. Mostly because it scares the sh*t out of me! People who drive that fast to get right in front of you and almost ram your car in a small space are dangerous!!! I know....most driving is dangerous, but I just wish people would take a little time and would relax, enjoy life more and quit worrying about "stealing" spots in a parking lot. Yeah, I know it's hard when you are running late...which is why I like to leave extraordinarily early for things. Hehe, I may seem OCD....but it makes my life less stressful.
smiles.gif

Funny story:
When this happened to me the last time, it really pissed the chick off who "stole" the spot I was waiting for when I smiled and waved to her and wished her day well. I guess she *wanted* me to get angry with her! But, it made me less stressed, and made her realize she was being an a$$/possibly being dangerous to people around her for being in such a hurry that she would almost ram my car with hers to get a spot.
smiles.gif

Willa

Once, I think I was about 14 years old, anyway, my sister was younger and we were trying to find a spot to park with my mother who was driving.

We found one but in the other alley, so my sister go out of the car, securely, and walked to the spot, to prevent people taking it.

Anyway, before we had the time to make it to the other alley, a man came in and decided he wanted our spot. He totaly saw my sister, my mother made signs to him, he saw her (my mom), and he slowly entered the spot, just to scare my sister... She had to backup and he took the place!!! With no shame!

Morons...
People are morons
nonono.gif

chaut_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Once, I think I was about 14 years old, anyway, my sister was younger and we were trying to find a spot to park with my mother who was driving.

We found one but in the other alley, so my sister go out of the car, securely, and walked to the spot, to prevent people taking it.

Anyway, before we had the time to make it to the other alley, a man came in and decided he wanted our spot. He totaly saw my sister, my mother made signs to him, he saw her (my mom), and he slowly entered the spot, just to scare my sister... She had to backup and he took the place!!! With no shame!

Morons...
People are morons
nonono.gif

OH MY GOD! what an idiot that man! i remember in this one movie i think it was "Fried green tomatoes" ?? something like that..anyway that one scene where the woman got her spot stolen at the supermarket by those two "younger" looking girls! hilarious! she just ran straight into those girls cars! but i am a chicken..so i probably wouldnt have done that.

Nox

^ TOWANDA!!!!

Hahahahaaaa! That scene cracks me up. Why is it that Cathy bates is always getting these wack-job roles? I admit, she does play them with perfection though.

kimberlane

Yes I hate when people do that too. One time I found this parking space.It was really close to the entrance and it just happened to have the spot infront of it open to I go to pull in and this car goes through the parking spot that would rightfully be thiers and pulls into mine nearly causing a wreck. Given I do this too just so I don't have to back out if I see someone was trying to ge the spot I back up and let them have it. I did this for an older couple once and they got out of the car and started thanking me like I was jesus. Just goes to show you how people are so rude in parking lots that everyone expects everyone to be rude. Sad really.

chaut_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
^ TOWANDA!!!!

Hahahahaaaa! That scene cracks me up. Why is it that Cathy bates is always getting these wack-job roles? I admit, she does play them with perfection though.

yeah TOWANDA! i love that movie.

xtiffineyx

Oh man! I know exactly how you feel! At my school, we have 2 parking lots. One by the school (which hardly has any spots and is always full), and the one down behind the school at the bottom of a hill that you literally have to walk up about 300 steps to get up to the school.

Everyday before I pull in the parking lot up top to look for a spot I get a really sick feeling in my stomach because people are crazy about parking up top. You can be driving around for 20 minutes (trust me, I've done it), and see someone walking towards the lot and sit and wait on them, and as soon as they get in the car, someone will come in the wrong way just so they can steal it. I swear, it makes me so mad I feel like I could just ram their car.

MAC_Pixie04

Once when I was little, my mom had her signal on for a parking spot, and this woman, who was driving down the aisle the wrong way against the arrow, pulled into her spot. She was hispanic, and my mom rolled down her window and said something along the lines of "Excuse me, but I had my signal on for that spot and I know you saw me. And you came down the aisle the wrong way, I have a baby in the car and you could have hit me." The lady took it all up the butt as if it weren't her fault, and started cussing at my mom in Spanish and she called her a n---er (fill it in yourself). Of course my mom wasn't gonna have this, she got out of her car and warned the woman that she worked for the DMV and that she was going to report her car to driver safety, and the bitch took a swing at my mom. To make a long story short, security was called, and it was a Black officer, and the woman kept calling my mom a n----r, and he didn't like the sound of that too much, so he told her to move her car and leave the mall.

I mean, my mom probably could have just driven away and found another spot, but you gotta stand up for what's right. The fact is, had my mom not seen her and realized what she was going to do, the woman would have hit our car on the side we were both sitting on. And there was no reason for her to spit racial slurs at my mom for pointing out the simple truth that the rude bitch was a lousy, impatient driver.

At my old mall, stupid people would always go down the aisle against the arrow. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been hit headon by people because they either don't see the arrows on the pavement or they just don't care, but wreckless driving, especially in parking lots and structures is really dangerous. Nobody should be going more than 10-15MPH in a parking lot, and even that's pushing it.

And I've honked or made hand signals at people for coming down the aisles at me, and they honk back or yell things or give me the finger like I'm the one in the wrong! It's ridiculous; seriously, whatever you're gonna pick up at the mall isn't worth it.

chaut_01

*Mac_pixie04- i know what you mean people are act like its the end of the world or something if they can't find a spot. And your mom was way to nice to that lady at first..so ignorant that woman was to your mom!!

*M.A.C. Head.- i like the way you think.