Can you recommend eye shadows to compliment red lipstick?

Bronxcutie

My birthday is coming up on Dec. 5, and I'm wearing a white and black top. I love the look of white and black with red lipstick (I may wear MAC Rocker). I know that the eye shadow should not clash with the lipstick. I don't want to leave my eyes bare. What type of eye shadows would you wear if with red lipstick? Feel free to list specific colors and brands.

Quiana

I actually have on MAC Dubonnet today. For my eyes I simply have been a little more heavy handed with my black liquid liner on the top lid--no shadow--just this and mascara. If you dont want to go bare in the eye area you could probably do a neutral eye with MAC Expresso or Milani Rich Chocolate.

Fairybelle

On the MAC website, VivaGlam VI spokesmodel Dita pairs her red lips with black liquid liner and Malt e/s (a very light tan beige color) mainly to define the crease. That's it! I tried the look out at a MAC counter and it was lovely!!

kimmy

if you want the retro look, go with some heavy eyeliner cat eyed and some false lashes...something really simple like MAC Vanilla e/s to highlight and MAC Malt e/s in the crease
smiles.gif

since your top is black and white, maybe you'd go with a smoky-ish eye...like the MAC Persona/Screen Vinyl e/s duo (i think that's it, the black and white one) if you have it. or use netral shades on your lid and define the crease with MAC Print e/s and line with MAC Carbon e/s
winks.gif

user79

MAC Woodwinked (a gold shade) with a smidgeon of Antiqued in the crease (rust colour)

Shu Uemura IR Brown 860 looks awesome too.

Any kind of neutral golden colour would work, and pair it with dark liquid liner.

thatcamgirl

I think if you're doing black and white clothes with Red lipstick, you should do black, smokey eyes. Imagining it is making me want to try it
smiles.gif
Please post pictures afterward!

NikkiHorror

I know exactly the retro look you're going for; that's my everyday! This gives you that finished, polished, professional looking eye, but still keeps the focus on the lip.

Eyes:

Vanilla eyeshadow from brow to lashes.
Fairylite pigment under the brow as a highlight and in inner v.
Bamboo eyeshadow in outer v and smoked to center of eyelid.
Espresso eyeshadow in crease and under lower lashline.
Motif eyeshadow on browbone just above crease.
Carbon defining outer v and smoked lightly towards the center.

Fluidline in Blacktrack, winged out at the side.
Loads of black mascara AND false lashes.

I'll post a picture of my eye tomorrow so you can understand this better.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Cheeks: Pink Swoon Blush, Porcelian Pink MSF as highlight.

Lips: Portside Lipliner with either Ruby Woo Lipstick or Russian Red Lipstick.

cno64

I LOVE red lips with black-and-white clothes!
In fact, I did that look just last weekend.
I used "Powerhouse" lipstick, though. On my eyes, I used a bit of "Silver Ring" on the lids, then touches of darker gray "Nighttrain"(discontinued) on creases and outer corners, with Urban Decay "Vapor"(light silver) to highlight. For liner, I used thin lines of "Blacktrack."
When you wear red lipcolor, I think it works well to use grays/silvers or browns/beiges, depending on your coloring, on eyes.

Kat

i do a grey smokey eye. Silver ring on the lid, knight divine in the crease and shroom to highlight

asnbrb

I usually use a light nude wash-- maybe melon or tan or something-- and a ton of mascara and eyeliner.

flowerhead

Always black liner - either pencil smudged into the lashes or a defined liquid liner line, maybe slightly winged out.
For a neutral look, a wash of vanilla everywhere and a caramel tan/matte brown shade to define the crease.
For a more sophisticated look, a grey like Print or Scene all over the lid with Carbon to define the crease.

L281173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxcutie
My birthday is coming up on Dec. 5, and I'm wearing a white and black top. I love the look of white and black with red lipstick (I may wear MAC Rocker). I know that the eye shadow should not clash with the lipstick. I don't want to leave my eyes bare. What type of eye shadows would you wear if with red lipstick? Feel free to list specific colors and brands.

You have much flexiblility with red lipstick.

I love colors such as black with silver as a high lighter. Black with gold or bronze with a highlighter.

I love my browns, champagnes, golds, taupes.

Some shades of blue would even go wonderfully with a red lipstick
cheerleader.gif
cutey.gif
hmm.gif

liquidsirenhoney

you are wearing black and white, but personally when i wear red lisprtick i love blue eyes smoked out or blue brown pigment, i tend to wear those looks the most with my red lipstick unless i do a really sparse eye with just black winger eye liner and lots of black mascara.

haseena

If you're wearing dubonnet, i strongly recommend dazzleray pigment for the eyes with thick black liner. U can add a little colour on the outer corner. I personally did a fotd for a funtion using:

Face:
Stila TM (this is good!)
MUFE Lift Concealor
A tiny bit of MAC Loose Blot Powder
Stila Liquid Luminizer #6
Milani Duo Blush (the brown one - forgot the name)

Eyes:
MAC Dazzleray Pigment
MAC Green Pigment
MAC Forest Green Pigment
Twisted Fayte #5 pigment (browbone)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Rimmel Lycra + MF 2000 calories

Lips:
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick

Greta

I was playing around a bit today and I used Shroom as a substitute for an e/s-base. After that, I put on White Frost (inner part of the eyelid) and Era (outer part). I blended both and then I applied Concrete in the crease (I also use it to define my eyebrows). Then I drew a thick line of black eyeliner and used a lot of black mascara. It looks wonderful with red lips.