Can you tarnish a shimmery e/s / pigment?

HotLady1970

I was just wondering about this?

I'm looking for some e/s, pigment or whatever that helps me to turn a shimmery product into a matte one because I can't think of one product right now that helps me in that area!

To make clear what I want....here's an example:

Let's say I use Golden Olive Pigment and Humid e/s on my eye ..... the combo of it would turn my eye into a big shiney thing but there are phases in my life
greengrin.gif
where I want it all matte!

Does anybody understand me?
hmm.gif
graucho.gif
and can give me some tips?
smiles.gif

Shawna

The thing that works the best for me when I want to do this (and I am on a matte kick right now too!) is make up for ever super matte loose powder in #12 . It is a face powder, but it is translucent and matte. I just put the shimmery shadow on first and then pat the matte powder gently over top. Instant matte finish
smiles.gif
Hth.

lara

Generally the rule of thumb is that you can add to a product, not take away from it. You can make a matte eyeshadow/lipstick/powder shimmery, but you can't make a shimmery product into matte one.

That being said, Shawna's idea is the best fake-it. It's still frosty, but the powder helps to diffuse some of the bling factor and make it a bit more velvety looking.
smiles.gif